Upcoming Tesla Road Trip... What would you like to know About?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i agree with this. or when more superchargers are around/available which will happen soon enough im betting. but they need to build more superchargers quicker than they sell the cars otherwise they'll just be chasing their tail.

unless ridiculously common (plugin at walmart and at work and at tgifs) i'm not sure the availability would really drive me. right now charging seems like visiting a slow gas station, more slow gas stations wouldn't seem like much of a change. but if there were charging tethers available literally everywhere i go, then you wouldn't feel much pain at all (or need nearly as many batteries/range)

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
How mad are you going to be if the Patriots clinch and Tom Brady doesnt play? :s00ls:

Looking forward to the report on the trip when you return!

I hope that doesn’t happen. Again it’s never happened in the past. Even on their perfect season in 07. He played every single game.

Don’t want to jinx myself. But he’s not the type to sit. Hell I had to look up who the backup qb was.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
unless ridiculously common (plugin at walmart and at work and at tgifs) i'm not sure the availability would really drive me. right now charging seems like visiting a slow gas station, more slow gas stations wouldn't seem like much of a change. but if there were charging tethers available literally everywhere i go, then you wouldn't feel much pain at all (or need nearly as many batteries/range)

Agreed, I rarely charge my Volt anywhere but home. Occasional malls have free charging but often the spots are broken or full so its hardly worth the effort to juice up for the short amount of time I spend in the store. Really work is the only place I wish I could charge at.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Agreed, I rarely charge my Volt anywhere but home. Occasional malls have free charging but often the spots are broken or full so its hardly worth the effort to juice up for the short amount of time I spend in the store. Really work is the only place I wish I could charge at.

how often is broken a problem? is this a problem on all the options? is this a problem for teslas? paid non-tesla chargers? free non-tesla ones? it seemed broken was a legit problem.

are the spots full of plug in cars or do them damn gassers take up spots ever?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
how often is broken a problem? is this a problem on all the options? is this a problem for teslas? paid non-tesla chargers? free non-tesla ones? it seemed broken was a legit problem.

are the spots full of plug in cars or do them damn gassers take up spots ever?

It happens more often with your charge points, or basic chargers in a crowded area. People usually report them and it gets fixed. Tesla problems are few and far between. When something happens if they don’t already know about it, once it is reported it’s fixed quickly...... and Well it should be. We paid for it.

Keep in mind, Tesla is able to monitor their chargers remotely, so if one goes down, they probably know about it before we do. That info is also displayed on my nav screen. Such as if a supercharger is operating at limited capacity. (Some chargers offline etc)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info