TT 5.0 Mustang goes 9's on stock engine/trans *VIDEO*

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Stock LS' have been running 9's with forced induction for years. Sorry if this is impressive to you now that ford can do it. :ford:

So that means those LS cars are unimpressive as well? Or you just gonna say that it is unimpressive because it is a Ford. Give credit where credit is do.

In a full weight car, with stock motor, trans and rear end on only 9# of boost. Sorry, that is pretty impressive. The car will probably go low 9's on 14# of boost once sorted out.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
So that means those LS cars are unimpressive as well? Or you just gonna say that it is unimpressive because it is a Ford. Give credit where credit is do.

In a full weight car, with stock motor, trans and rear end on only 9# of boost. Sorry, that is pretty impressive. The car will probably go low 9's on 14# of boost once sorted out.

We also shared this amazement and awe in 2009. To me a car that runs low 11's with just bolt-on's is more impressive than the same car going 9's with boost. Boost makes anything fast. Technology has made that so. The struggle you had to run 9's is now a breeze with boost and SBF, SBC, 5.0, LS.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So because I haven't run 9's I should be blind to others who have and be impressed because all the ford nutswingers, most of which haven't ran as fast as me with more power, are?? :nope:

If you have not experienced what it takes to run the number yourself it is hard to take your criticism. lol

I ran almost as fast as you with less power and more weight. Doesn't take away from what you did. I can appreciate what you did. You are impressed because LS motors ran 9's before. But a Ford does it and no appreciation. Your Bowtie must be too tight cutting off circulation to your head. lol

Again, Show me a full weight LS car, with a stock motor, trans and rear end that ran 9's on less than 10# of boost. I can imagine there might be some. I would love to see them.

We also shared this amazement and awe in 2009. To me a car that runs low 11's with just bolt-on's is more impressive than the same car going 9's with boost. Boost makes anything fast. Technology had that so. The struggle you had to run 9's is now a breeze with boost and SBF, SBC, 5.0, LS.

It's soooo easy that is why you have done it yourself? Oh wait. Because you have not run the number you have no clue what it takes to get there. It is easy to sit there and look at what others have done and judge with no real sense of how it is done. How do you feel when guys have a hard time running low 12's with the same mods as you have. Yet sit there and assume because you did it they can do it too. You worked to get your car to do what it does. The guy that runs 12's obviously hasn't put in the work or figured it out otherwise he would be running your times, and not 12's. See what I mean. Nothing wrong with giving credit where credit is do. Chevy, Mopar, Ford, Honda or what ever. Some just don't see it that way I guess.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
We also shared this amazement and awe in 2009. To me a car that runs low 11's with just bolt-on's is more impressive than the same car going 9's with boost. Boost makes anything fast. Technology has made that so. The struggle you had to run 9's is now a breeze with boost and SBF, SBC, 5.0, LS.

Boost doesn't make anything fast as evidenced by my car being a turd. Technology has made it easier, but it's not that these guys simply bolted up a turbo and put a canned tune in and run 9's. There is a lot of tech and know how behind these cars. I bet a lot of guys on this forum can tune a car to make good power on the dyno for a few glory runs. It takes talent to translate that to ET's at the track and longevity.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The only thing stopping me is $$$. I wish I could find a money tree but until then it will take me some time.

I had a build in motion before I sold the Vette. Would have been a 9 second car but I would have had to live with my parents till I retired.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I love how the guys who are the ones who are unimpressed have not come close to running nines. More so with a stock engine, trans and rear end. As well as both of them are corvette guys. :rollpicard:

I mean panda will not even line up with my bolt on GT. Take some of your own trolling and.....
:panda: