Truck / suv craigslist findings week of 3/20

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
No one cleans the threads. As we know aluminum and any other type of metal, steel, corrode. So when you break these plugs loose, which are deeeeep down in there, usually coolant and moisture get down in there too, making a fuck of a mess... So people Crack em loose and screw news right in. Whether they torque em or not doesn't matter cause the threads(only a couple) are full of corrosion and shit. Plug doesn't seal nor torque right.. Then pop...

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
When I swapped my 4.6 out, I religiously cleaned the threads out of the new motor and torqued them to spec. Well over 80k on that motor and no pluggy poppy yet. The guys I worked with at Ford said that that's what they seen most from other shops or comebacks is th threads weren't even cleaned

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Only due to people installing them wrong....

That's fine, but it's still a gamble when you buy an early triton. The plug may snap when you try removing it, and/or its already ruined and may spit them.

Make no mistake, I'm a huge fan of the platform, and have owned an Expedition with a 5.4 and loved the truck, but I didn't touch the plugs on it. It ran smooth, so I left it the fuck alone.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info