Truck bro's and eBay/Craigs/cars.com/autotrader champions... I need your help!

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
6.0 is really makin' this thing a unicorn!

Did you keep the 6.7PSD and just add this to your fleet?

I'll begin my search soon!

6.7 is gone-ish.... The Yukon was part of a deal selling the 6.7 to my parents, so, ironically I'm driving it again :rofl:

Essentially they gave me the Yukon for my equity in the 6.7, my mom wanted a new truck and they were actively looking at new GM's so I threw my truck at them and they bit... Just sucks this has to happen 4 days later lol

That's part of the reason I want top dollar... I had a lot of equity in my Ford, so, I took the Yukon knowing it was an excellent vehicle being OK with essentially "giving more" than it was worth. I now need to get that to reciprocate to something else. Plus I know if I wanted to I can just buy my F350 back in a few years, and It'll essentially just be a garage queen until then.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Receipts for recent maintenance help out big time - production numbers - recent comps... all make a big difference with my company - not sure about the person you hit insurance company

Luckily their insurance company is good. To throw a curve ball into all of this, the people that caused the accident were from Alberta, Canada, and their insurance company isn't in the USA. HOWEVER, they are a multi-national company, and from speaking with my friend who's an estimator for a large body shop, he's dealt with them a few times and they've been just fine to deal with.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
When my friend [MENTION=483]transmaxed[/MENTION] totaled his TA he had a bunch of recepts for recent work. It had to been in the last year and insurance would only give him like 25% of what was spent on the repair or something stupid like that. Probably can vary between insurance companies tho

Hope you have more pictures of that truck.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
When my friend [MENTION=483]transmaxed[/MENTION] totaled his TA he had a bunch of recepts for recent work. It had to been in the last year and insurance would only give him like 25% of what was spent on the repair or something stupid like that. Probably can vary between insurance companies tho

Hope you have more pictures of that truck.

I have tons, I also have it going to a local body shop and will have the adjustor looking at it with me to show him how nice the truck was.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Well, there's a pretty good chance I'm going to buy the Yukon back... The entire "cab" is still 100% square, doors still open and close just fine, etc... My mechanic who's been working on the Yukon for my parents for the past few years wants to purchase the engine/trans/transfer case for his higher mileage 2500 Silverado, He's willing to pay what the buy back is within reason. I'm going to then take the rest of the shell up to Hayward and just leave it there for a year or so until I get into a house, at which point I'll bring it home and start piecing it back together as either a DuraBurb or with a 12v cummins. Can't let the truck go, and this will allow me to hold on to it for nothing and eventually turn it into something cool.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Even if I have to re-frame it... Idc, everyone that does a "correct" diesel swap takes the body off completely because it's so much easier as you have to damn near replace everything... I wanted to do an HD Sierra clip as well, so that's kinda cool that it needs that as well :)

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Even if I have to re-frame it... Idc, everyone that does a "correct" diesel swap takes the body off completely because it's so much easier as you have to damn near replace everything... I wanted to do an HD Sierra clip as well, so that's kinda cool that it needs that as well :)

tumblr_lyjf629eRW1r9unx4o1_400.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info