• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Track Time

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
...ok so my best time was a 16.28 @ 85.09 best reaction time was .93..........ya i suck but that was my first time ever doing that so i dont think i did too bad....... but this just means i need mods, lots!

mybluegtp

Reaction score
No this just means you need to learn how to race first, then mods. I belive a stock gt should be in the 15's, you need to learn how to launch so you can get those reaction times down.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Sep 30 2005, 10:35 PM
No this just means you need to learn how to race first, then mods.  I belive a stock gt should be in the 15's, you need to learn how to launch so you can get those reaction times down.
[snapback]99398[/snapback]​

reaction times do not effect 1/4 et's.

time starts after u cross the line, not at the green.

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
yes robs right.... the raction time just says how mentally slow you are :D.... but i raced it liek 6 times and they were all within a 10th of a sec..... minus my 17 which i was spinning tires and didnt realize.....but im gonna go with exhaust and CAI first
quickest mods and easy on me

... then zooomer said somethigna bout water pump underdrive pulley?.... what the heck is that

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Sep 30 2005, 11:35 PM
No this just means you need to learn how to race first, then mods.  I belive a stock gt should be in the 15's, you need to learn how to launch so you can get those reaction times down.
[snapback]99398[/snapback]​

...as for launch how should i launch?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Hold the RPMs at the line at 2000. Release the brake and stomp the gas. Get a feel for your car. Thats the best way to launch it.

What was your 60 foot?? You could lower your front tire pressure to help you get traction. Dont worry, that time will come down.

As far as exhaust goes, ported exhaust manifolds, downpipe, and ubend at the most. Do NOT waste your money on a catback. If you want to change the noise, get mufflers.

The underdrive pulleys are the waterpump and alternator pulleys. They helped a bit. Buy them used. Alot cheaper.

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
...cant i just HAVE your pulleys fish???? :-D

....ok fish so what parts for my exhaust......... ported exhaust manifolds, 3" dp, u-bend delete, 2.5" Y-pipe???, mufflers, then tips.....correct me if im wrong
thanks

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 1 2005, 07:20 AM
...cant i just HAVE your pulleys fish???? :-D

....ok fish so what parts for my exhaust......... ported exhaust manifolds, 3" dp, u-bend delete, 2.5" Y-pipe???, mufflers, then tips.....correct me if im wrong
thanks
[snapback]99427[/snapback]​

Personally, I'd do the following to a GT, in this order.

PCM
3" downpipe from James Dean Mufflers
U-bend Delete from James Dean Mufflers
9" Inch K and N intake (pfyc.com)

You will notice a good difference with these mods. Don't waste your time with exhaust unless you are looking for noise. I have the stock exhaust on my 97 GTP with the downpipe and U-bend delete, and it makes you kind of a sleeper.

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
usually the stock mufflers are more restrictive than the aftermarket one....are GPs different? and i thoink im going to buy the powertuner software......maybe gaffix will replay to my PM about getting a laptop....unless anyone else knows where i can get a good deal on one..

mybluegtp

Reaction score
I meant 60ft sorry.. and for a gt I would go..
CAI
PCM
3" d/p
ubend delete
Magnaflow mufflers
and if you can affored PEM do that as well

chipmonk212121

Reaction score
PEM is......remember im new to this stuff and all these acronyms are making me go huh?.i got CAI, DHP, DP, LSD, AFC down but i dont know PEM and FWI

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
PEM = ported exhaust manifolds

FWI = fender well intake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom