3800 Track Time

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by mybluegtp@Sep 30 2005, 10:35 PM
No this just means you need to learn how to race first, then mods.  I belive a stock gt should be in the 15's, you need to learn how to launch so you can get those reaction times down.
[snapback]99398[/snapback]​

reaction times do not effect 1/4 et's.

time starts after u cross the line, not at the green.

chipmonk212121

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2007
yes robs right.... the raction time just says how mentally slow you are :D.... but i raced it liek 6 times and they were all within a 10th of a sec..... minus my 17 which i was spinning tires and didnt realize.....but im gonna go with exhaust and CAI first
quickest mods and easy on me

... then zooomer said somethigna bout water pump underdrive pulley?.... what the heck is that

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Hold the RPMs at the line at 2000. Release the brake and stomp the gas. Get a feel for your car. Thats the best way to launch it.

What was your 60 foot?? You could lower your front tire pressure to help you get traction. Dont worry, that time will come down.

As far as exhaust goes, ported exhaust manifolds, downpipe, and ubend at the most. Do NOT waste your money on a catback. If you want to change the noise, get mufflers.

The underdrive pulleys are the waterpump and alternator pulleys. They helped a bit. Buy them used. Alot cheaper.

I

itlnrob

Originally posted by chipmonk212121@Oct 1 2005, 07:20 AM
...cant i just HAVE your pulleys fish???? :-D

....ok fish so what parts for my exhaust......... ported exhaust manifolds, 3" dp, u-bend delete, 2.5" Y-pipe???, mufflers, then tips.....correct me if im wrong
thanks
[snapback]99427[/snapback]​

Personally, I'd do the following to a GT, in this order.

PCM
3" downpipe from James Dean Mufflers
U-bend Delete from James Dean Mufflers
9" Inch K and N intake (pfyc.com)

You will notice a good difference with these mods. Don't waste your time with exhaust unless you are looking for noise. I have the stock exhaust on my 97 GTP with the downpipe and U-bend delete, and it makes you kind of a sleeper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list