🔧 BUILD Timelord Adventures - 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 Project

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Alight! Got everything back together, bled the brakes (twice) and ready to roll!

Really happy you guys are enjoying the posts! The suspension upgrade has been challenging but very rewarding! I will report back how well she rides in my next post!

In the meantime here are a few pics getting everything back together!

20210311_193242.jpg
Spindles installed! Looking great!

20210311_220511.jpg
Rotors and hubs..Check!

20210311_232039.jpg
Brakes installed and bled!

Out with the old!
20210312_165435.jpg

20210312_160358.jpg
VERY pleased with the stance. Might drop the rear just a smidge. What do you guys think? Front coilovers are as low as we can go.

For reference, here is the stock ride height!!!!
DeLorean-1.jpeg

Now my car was a smidge lower with the old suspension (previous owner gave it aftermarket springs) but if was just a bit TOO low, especially for driving in the city! I bottomed out too easily and did not want to damage the undercarriage and components underneath the car. This is a huge improvement! Now for a test drive! Stay tuned! :)

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I think I am ready to certify this car as the freshest DeLorean in known existence.

Thank you kind sir! I appreciate that!! :) Really means a lot to me. Put a lot of work into her in such a short time. I am ready to relax a bit and actually enjoy the car....From the drivers seat not underneath it LOL

Reactions: IDAFC21

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Well I want to report back that I am so very impressed by the QA1 setup I installed. I also installed a shock tower brace from a DeLorean vendor. The car is firm now, does not feel uncertain taking a tight curve or sudden maneuvering. It is a more stiff ride, but that is expected going from shocks and springs to coilovers. I can soften the shocks up a tad more on the adjustment knobs, but I am OK with how it feels right now. I might play with it some more down the road bot WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT in feel and overall handling!

Went out into the city for some more pics. Enjoy!

Next up is replacing my cracked exhaust manifold.

I have a questions for the fam out there. Does anyone know a well versed turbo pro? I really need some input as my twin turbo setup is not quite the norm. The IHI turbs in my car are no longer made and they are ceramic bearings. I just want to pick someones brain. TIA!

PSX_20210314_112156.jpg

PSX_20210323_160226.jpg

Here is a special treat! Buddy of mine has a time machine!
PSX_20210314_120127.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Thank you kind sir! I appreciate that!! :) Really means a lot to me. Put a lot of work into her in such a short time. I am ready to relax a bit and actually enjoy the car....From the drivers seat not underneath it LOL

Believe me man that hard work shows. Definitely take some time to enjoy it!!

Reactions: dmctimelord

dmctimelord

Nov 17, 2020
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Hey guys! I know I know! Its been almost a year.

Not much has gone on since the suspension job I did. I do want to take a minute to tell you all thank you for your support and kind words while I was working on it! I read the whole post this evening and you guys are really great! Makes it fun to post updates about my car!

So now that work is starting to even out after all this COVID crap, I hope we start to see more car events and good times out there! I plan to come out as much as possible! I was able to start a TikTok for my car as well as continuing my Instagram. Both are dmctimelord dmctimelord Feel free to join me over there too! :) Instagram is getting kind of old, take too much work to keep up with followers and crap so for those of you that might follow me, I haven't posted much on there and I am sorry! I have some small upgrade plans for the car but firstly, once the weather breaks, I will need to do an oil change and mild tune-up which I will probably post on here.

Also, recently bought a 3D printer so I might print some time circuits for the car! :)

There is one thing I would LOVE to do, and that is get the rims cleaned, powder coated, and then machined. If any one has any suggestions I am trying to change mine to what you see on the left side in the pic below - My wheel is on the right side! The early VON DeLoreans had a darker grey color and I prefer the new VIN, silver color. A buddy in another state machined his wheels and I love how they came out!

So I am looking for any reputable companies that do this kind of work!

Stay tuned! I will be getting back in the game here soon!

Presentatio2n1.jpg

Thread Info