This really bothers me :(

chry*bmb

You're a waste of my gas...
Apr 16, 2008
TN
No, he's not dead. But, he's in hospital. He'll never be same again. Brain injuries are the worst :(

Think about it. Something that fucking fast hitting your head? I seriously can't believe no skull fracture. If you read the "other" stories? That's the shit you'd expect. It's called observation to see if brain swelling and/or see if any bleeds start to show. It's awesome he remained conscious. That's a major plus. Anytime you get a concussion, that's a brain injury. It's just the severity of it. The lack of education and how they misdiagnose it all the time is astounding!!

Look it up sometime. This is why they are cracking down on school sports.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
No, he's not dead. But, he's in hospital. He'll never be same again. Brain injuries are the worst :(

Think about it. Something that fucking fast hitting your head? I seriously can't believe no skull fracture. If you read the "other" stories? That's the shit you'd expect. It's called observation to see if brain swelling and/or see if any bleeds start to show. It's awesome he remained conscious. That's a major plus. Anytime you get a concussion, that's a brain injury. It's just the severity of it. The lack of education and how they misdiagnose it all the time is astounding!!

Look it up sometime. This is why they are cracking down on school sports.

That's exactly my thoughts. He's very, VERY lucky if it truly is only a mild concussion.

Perhaps they're keeping him overnight because they're suspicious of the lack of injuries like we are. i.e. "This SHOULD be worse... let's keep an eye on him" kinda thing.

chry*bmb

Apr 16, 2008
TN
That's exactly my thoughts. He's very, VERY lucky if it truly is only a mild concussion.

Perhaps they're keeping him overnight because they're suspicious of the lack of injuries like we are. i.e. "This SHOULD be worse... let's keep an eye on him" kinda thing.

Exactly. And I pray it truly is for his sake and his family. But knowing the media, and of course a sports franchise, they will sugar coat it for the fans. Then again, if they were to jyst send him home, you'd get the bachlash of an even bigger wtf moment and why. Double edge sword and I just hope and pray for the best. I don't trust media 100%. I take it for what it's worth...

chry*bmb

Apr 16, 2008
TN
Didn't this just happen like a month ago to a Toronto pitcher?

Here...

It came a month after Blue Jays starter J.A. Happ was also struck by a liner against the Rays and suffered a skull fracture. Happ was discharged from an area hospital the following day.
While Happ has been fine since getting hurt, Arizona's Brandon McCarthy collapsed at a restaurant with a seizure related to the head injury he suffered while pitching last September. He was having dinner with his wife at a Phoenix restaurant when he passed out.

AND...

While pitching for Oakland last Sept. 5, McCarthy suffered what was described at the time as life-threatening injuries when he was struck in the head by a line drive off the bat of Erick Aybar of the Los Angeles Angels. He had an epidural hemorrhage, brain contusion and a skull fracture. Emergency surgery was performed that night and he was released from the hospital six days later.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Ok, true about the danger of his job, then y the hell are you in here?

It's all opinions here and I simply was just voicing mine. Like it stated to get you to look, if you so CARED to, "this bothered me." A lot of things in this event are bothersome to me, so I just wanted to "chew" over it.

Because it's an opinion and I understand that it's yours. Just like mine is mine.

Jokerzl

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
May 15, 2012
Ashkum
Got three concussions in football. High school and college. Worst one is i was crossing the middle on slant pattern. Jumped caught the ball. The next thing i remember was being at home. 5 hours later. Apparently i was walking and moving around but not acting normal. I was in the huddle of the other team at one point.

chry*bmb

Apr 16, 2008
TN
Thanks for your input guys, but it's sad how stuff was so nonchalant back in the days about concussions and sports injuries. Loss if time and memory. Then each subsequent hit adds to injury and it only gets worse.

I did read that the guy who hit the ball didn't even want to run to first because he wanted to see how pitcher was. That would suck. Total accident and nothing you could do about it, but freak shit happens. Poor guys all the way around.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I have a friend at work that plays baseball for fun. 2 years ago he hit a ball and it was just the right angle to come up and smack him in the eye. Shattered his orbital and fucked his face up. Still feeling effects from it.

Freak accidents for sure, but gotta be careful with them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info