• šŸšØ TCG is experiencing a case of the Sundays. Working on a getting things running faster again. - Mook

šŸ”§ BUILD The Replacement for the Cobra. V: ā€œGreasyā€™s Fuck Your Blower-Coyote, Super-Secret Stick-Shift Hellcat Buildā€

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Oil drained from the motor and oil cooler, there was probably 1/3 quart of E85 in the oil. Created a little trap door to access the oil cooler because I am sick of removing 15 fasteners to get to it. New oil filter on, ordered 28 quarts of oil for the car because it was on sale at Napa for $6 a quart! Ordered new plugs and will order new injectors tomorrow.
Since you are becoming a master at these PITA plug changes. I'll swing by you when I decide to go a step colder

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Glad it seems you avoided a disaster. I would like to lose to this car some day.

I will gladly gap you Andy!

Glad to hear it wasn't a catastrophic failure! I cringed a little when I read that the motor locked ?

Yeah I was not excited at the prospect of building a new motor!

Since you are becoming a master at these PITA plug changes. I'll swing by you when I decide to go a step colder

Anytime man, I work on beer and cheap pizza :LOL:

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Injectors ordered!

fugoff.JPG

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Are you sending yours in to be tested /torn down to find the source of debris?

I would not put back together until debris was identified

Why?

The cylinder looked good, the oil was clean. There was no metal on the magnetic plug and I even ran a high powered magnet in the drain bucket and didn't pull out anything. I am not even sure it was debris, it could just be a faulty injector.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
From what I've understood FIC has good customer service. Part of what they offer is a cleaning and flow testing, even if it's not their injector. I'd still see if they can do something on the faulty set.

I purchased the injectors used off of someone else, I didn't think they would support me.

I was thinking about sending them in to have it done at FIC, maybe they will replace the one injector and then I can sell a full set used and recoup some of my costs.

Thread Info