đź’¦ Detailing The Pressure Washer And Pressure Washer Accessory Thread

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Fired my gas power washer up last week. Did the deck and siding on garage last week. Did about 260’ of vinyl 6’ privacy fence today. Got the siding on the house left to do. That will probably be in a few weeks. Got a very busy next few weekends. Hence the reason I’ve gotten done what I have the last 2 weeks

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Some sealer will keep it looking new

I sealed the patio last year but it Still gets dirty from all the trees. Driveway should stay looking good for a long time once I seal that. Also going to fill all the expansion joints and cracks. Kees the damn weeds from growing and keep water from going under the concrete.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Their concrete/brick sealer?

I used this on the pavers

IMG_4818.png

The foam roller works way better than thick roller or using a pump sprayer

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I sealed the patio last year but it Still gets dirty from all the trees. Driveway should stay looking good for a long time once I seal that. Also going to fill all the expansion joints and cracks. Kees the damn weeds from growing and keep water from going under the concrete.
I need to seal up where the concrete driveway butts up to the concrete into the garage. I think it originally had a felt strip in there but the gap has grown a bit and it is just open now. What kind of material should I be using to fill the gap?

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I need to seal up where the concrete driveway butts up to the concrete into the garage. I think it originally had a felt strip in there but the gap has grown a bit and it is just open now. What kind of material should I be using to fill the gap?

Basically this process.. there are lots of choices on the caulk though.

Reactions: Z28Camaro

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Their concrete/brick sealer?

If you don’t want to seal it I bought this Baer granite grip thick ass paint for my patio to match the pavers and it’s held on well for 3 years with no issues. It was recommended to me and it gives the concrete a new look and 2 coats js a must.

IMG_4819.png

They have many colors

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Had to power wash the grill yesterday because of fire Sunday night. :D

Does anyone make the little rubber seal/o-ring that goes on the inside of the power washer hose? I didn't see any on any of the hardware/menards/HD websites.

I was able to get it done, but I had no where near the pressure it (the machine) can make because half of it was blasting out the hose connection at the pump because of that little o-ring.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I like the Flexilla hose. It's flexible and lightweight. They sell it in different lengths.

I use the 25' length 90% of the time. Then when I need more, I have a female-to-female adapter and use the original hose as well. So I'm not uncoiling and re-coiling 50' of hose all the time.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Obsessed garage tested flow on 50+ pressure washers 100ft of hose and under there is no measurable loss of pressure.

PSI for washing a vehicle 1k or less is enough, FLOW is more important. A 3.0 orifice nozzle will net the most flow and keep the pressure near 1k
edit: orifice specs for the Ryobi shown.

I have the 1600 psi unit, does just fine for now.
I plan to upgrade to a Kranzle when I move out of the townhouse.

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I picked up an Active 2.0 and it works well for washing the Durango. I have a Flexzilla 25’ hose on it and would like to add a second one if it’s not going to impact flow or pressure.

I have a gas powered Simpson with a Honda for real pressure washer duties like concrete and blasting the hell out of stuff. Has come in handy around the pool so far this year. I need to do the rest of the concrete and seal it while it’s warm and dry.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So both you guys like the Flexzilla? Any issues with it tangling or kinking? I fucking hate the Ryobi hose that came with my pressure washer.
I like the Flexilla hose. It's flexible and lightweight. They sell it in different lengths.

I use the 25' length 90% of the time. Then when I need more, I have a female-to-female adapter and use the original hose as well. So I'm not uncoiling and re-coiling 50' of hose all the time.

I picked up an Active 2.0 and it works well for washing the Durango. I have a Flexzilla 25’ hose on it and would like to add a second one if it’s not going to impact flow or pressure.

I have a gas powered Simpson with a Honda for real pressure washer duties like concrete and blasting the hell out of stuff. Has come in handy around the pool so far this year. I need to do the rest of the concrete and seal it while it’s warm and dry.

Thread Info