The M3 is officially blown...

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
thats when you yank everything off, throw the stock pcm back in and get it warrantied budd....thankfully no one has had any issues with those kits but i always seem to have lady luck piss on me so i woulda saved the OE pcm till it was outta warranty lol

Well everything that was done to the car can be reversed pretty easily, and I can always send the ECU back to them to get retuned back to stock.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Well Dark must not care at all then haha, sometimes you gotta get raped by imports.

I have heard some of the new year ecu's can be read at the dealership and see if there have been pcm changes or not. Hopefully that won't be an issue. It is just my opinion, but I would get a wideband just for security. Then, if you decide to go more extreme in the future you are good to go tuning. And, if your filter gets clogged or some other factory fueling issue happens you can see the AFR change before your shit goes boom.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i doubt it, they have ways of checking if the pcm has been reflashed x many times and if they dont corespond to the official vin related dataset of service they would prob deny the warr claim.
when i worked at APC we got all the work that MW wouldnt do cause they voided the warranty/etc
edit and those were like 03-04ish models iirc

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I think if my motor blows with a vortech on it, I'm SOL.

Yeah I wasn't sure if you blew the rear-end or something like that, they would still leave you SOL. Like GM not covering that kid with the blown motor Z06 because he had R compound tires. Seems like manufacturers look for anything to try to get out of warranty work, didn't know if BMW was the same way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info