Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think we've had something like this in the past but who knows, likely just spread across multiple threads. Annnnnnnnnnnway.

If you've got an idea for a meet up spot, post up. Will give us good ideas to check out come Spring. These could turn into bi weekly spots, monthly spots, random pop up spots, etc.

Lukes is already on the books but we want to expand and start bringing folks back to regular meetups.

giphy.gif

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The BBQ place out in Belvidere would be a good one to try. I understand it won't be a continuous one...but it would be good. They do a cruise night Wednesdays but it's packed. Could do something another day and it would work perfect
Oh ya. We definitely need to try that. They're open Saturday's right? Could make for a good day meet.

Reactions: Idoma and Lead Pipe

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
A place to eat would be great, but imo, food meets only work with someplace like a hot dog joint or someplace that isnt "sit down". Well, thats not true. Food meets that involve chilling in a lot, going for cruises, etc. Needs to be quick.

Normal dinner meets usually go really well, location pending of course.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
A place to eat would be great, but imo, food meets only work with someplace like a hot dog joint or someplace that isnt "sit down". Well, thats not true. Food meets that involve chilling in a lot, going for cruises, etc. Needs to be quick.

Normal dinner meets usually go really well, location pending of course.
Epic deli was cool I drove like 5 hours to get there though

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Cozzi Corner in Downers Grove. It’s where CMC has their opener. It’s an old cruise spot. Lots of space. Conveniently located near I-355 and I-55. There are some roads south of there if shenanigans are needed. They do have a cruise night there but can’t remember the night.

every Tuesday. Plenty to do in that area if people want to break off and do other things.

Reactions: GLADIATOR

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I second top golf or a TCG gun range day. Maybe something in Naperville? Would be nice to have another meet closer to us southern suburb folk like doggie diner used to be.
Come on down to Kentucky. 300 yards, no range fees, bring beers, cigars, and shit you wanna shoot. Just nothing that once demolished will cut tires when it gets mowed.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Ranges are dumb. Everybody in ear muffs yelling at each other talking about their tactical flashlights and hollow points
I thought the same thing. Hard to socialize in a booth with hearing protection in. If it were outdoor that may be a little different. I like the idea of a range but only for very small group to make it manageable

Thread Info