TV The Expanse [Amazon Prime]

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
S3 EP1 has the Roci vs the UN ship protecting the Razorback with the missiles is such an awesome way to open the season. When the Roci busts through the missile explosion cloud and shears the engines off the UN ship is a Fuck Yeah moment.

Clarissa Mao who gets introduced mid s3 is an awesome character and plays into what might become seasons 5 and 6. The book series is a trilogy of trilogies. So the end of S3 is the end of the first trilogy. Season 4 starts off a new trilogy.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I can already see so many changes from Book 4, but nothing that pisses me off. They've always done a good job with the changes they've made when adapting the books to TV so I have faith that will continue.

The only thing that depresses me is that this is going to be over in just 10 episodes, then we have to wait for so long for Season 5 where shit really picks up. There is some crazy, crazy, epic, space battle shit in books 5 and 6. Cannot wait to see that on the screen. Makes the awesome battle stuff in Season 3 look tame.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I just started book 1. Don't want to ruin the TV series by getting ahead in the books.

See, for me, reading all of the books didn't ruin the TV series for me. Just made me so pumped for what comes later. Its going to be epic.

Having read all the available books, there are some things people are not going to like about season 4, my bet is they aren't going to be happy with the pacing. First season is a bit slower, a lot like season 1 in that respect. Its going to lay the ground work that will explode in season 6. But it also lays some plot threads that are a major part of books 7-9.

The Expanse is written in arcs. Each arc is spread among 3 books, aka 3 seasons. The TV show played with this a bit, altered the pacing a bit, stretching, and condensing certain story lines. Overall it made the pacing better for TV and the TV show is not poorer for it, you aren't missing anything important. They did a great job.

Season 4 is the start of the next major story arc. So its got a lot of world building to do to introduce things that will be a major part of the last arc written so far.

Going to be so worth it.

Also, just because. Fuck Yeah to the Rocci finally getting the Rail Gun. Turns the Rocci into a major player in combat.

Nerd Stat. The tactical screen when Alex fires the gun reads a 1kg tungsten slug being fired at 10,000 m/s, or just over 22,000mph.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm really nervous now b/c the special effects in that trailer do NOT look great....even compared to SyFy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info