TV The Expanse [Amazon Prime]

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This documentary thing for ep 7 is fucking weird and feels really out of place the show. Almost feels like this ep is the start of the back half of the season after a year break.

This might be the first episode I thumbs down.

Yeah. Working my way through book 3 and they left out some critical info that makes the documentary actually make sense.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Hoooooooooly shit. It just clicked. The fucking ring....obliterating solar systems to protect from something..............................this is mother fucking Halo.

So that make Holden 117, Naomi is Cortana, Amos is Sgt Johnson, and Alex is Foehammer?

Who's going to tell Alex he died in the first game?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
About 36 pages left in Book 3, and way, way, way,WAAAAAY more people die in that final fight to take engineering.

Also, Carmina Drummer, is a mix of several different characters from the books, but she doesn't exist in them until much later.
MV5BOGE2YmYxMjAtNTE4MC00ZjZjLWExZmYtYmQyNzYzZjc1NjNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg0NjU@._V1_.jpg

Ashford is nowhere near the rational man we see in Season 3. He quite frankly looses his shit.

And Bobbi is nowhere to be found in Book 3. She wasn't on the Marine force sent to get Holden.

Last edited:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So am on the final episode of season 2. The episode The Monster and the Rocket has the scene where the ship escaping Ganymede station only has air for 52 people.

And they have to leave behind at least that many to suffocate to death.

So many feels this episode.

Show is so good. And it’s plotted out so well. I think I prefer the way the show handles the expanded cast. The books tend to focus directly on the Roci’s crew and other characters like Avasarala, Drummer, and Bobbi get much less page time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info