Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
God these framers are fucking slow. Concrete guys were able to pour the basement this week though, also got a pic of the tray in the garage for the eventual lift :)

C5D00DC0-E182-4DB9-A2CC-40D555488A7D.jpeg

84F5FD00-2D10-47DB-BF8E-87C10E668076.jpeg

AAE26C71-9A2B-4549-B4FA-1357182A0DBA.jpeg

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Just got word the framing crew is up to 5 people (from 3 previously), one of which used to work as part of this crew so he just hit the ground running. They should be making hay over the next two weeks with this awesome weather. By this weekend I should have some pics that include the roofline which I'm jacked about, I love the way the roof of this house came out. Complex AF but it looks good.

Locking in the flooring order this saturday AM, then meeting the builder at the lot to review a few trees that still need to be removed.

Final cabinet and counter prices came in over budget by a little over 10%. Ope. Easily saved $6-9k going with the manufactured cabinets vs the custom guy though so whatever.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Just got word the framing crew is up to 5 people (from 3 previously), one of which used to work as part of this crew so he just hit the ground running. They should be making hay over the next two weeks with this awesome weather. By this weekend I should have some pics that include the roofline which I'm jacked about, I love the way the roof of this house came out. Complex AF but it looks good.

Locking in the flooring order this saturday AM, then meeting the builder at the lot to review a few trees that still need to be removed.

Final cabinet and counter prices came in over budget by a little over 10%. Ope. Easily saved $6-9k going with the manufactured cabinets vs the custom guy though so whatever.

When we were designing a house it was nuts how much the “smaller” things cost. Was a huge shock for sure. You always think yea the bathroom costs, the kitchen bla bla bla.

Some of our higher expenses were custom window boxes, high end trim above all windows and doors etc. like that shit added up to more than most peoples kitchens.

Makes you feel sick, but you can tell a higher quality home from your standard stuff. It’s worth the money.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I didn’t look through your whole build process (obv too late now if you didn’t do it) but the biggest wow factor we get from people are our ceilings and their height.

Our basement is poured a foot deeper than standard ones, our first floor ceiling is 1-2 feet higher than normal, and same with second floor. It really opens your space.

The downside? Holy hell good luck getting to your roof or gutters because it’s so high rofl.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Saved 6-9k God damn. That's awesome.

Could've redone my entire kitchen 2x over with 6k?
Same here I am sure.
I highly doubt that. I just remodeled my whole kitchen which isnt large at all. Mid grade cabinets from Menards, mid grade appliances, mid grade vinyl floor and granite counters. Did everything myself except the counters and I was still around $15k.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I didn’t look through your whole build process (obv too late now if you didn’t do it) but the biggest wow factor we get from people are our ceilings and their height.

Our basement is poured a foot deeper than standard ones, our first floor ceiling is 1-2 feet higher than normal, and same with second floor. It really opens your space.

The downside? Holy hell good luck getting to your roof or gutters because it’s so high rofl.
High ceilings are the shit, and are the main reason I wanted to do a "1.5" story house where the master suite, and therefore most of the sq footage, is downstairs. The foyer and living room are 20' ceilings, and the walkway upstairs overlooks both. Master bedroom is cathedral ceiling, bedroom 2 (upstairs) is cathedral, bedrooms 3 and 4 are trayed (so 9' ceiling with a tray that bumps it to 10').

I just want this thing to be done lol. It's going to be such a change from my current cookie cutter box of a house.

1638980562651.png

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I highly doubt that. I just remodeled my whole kitchen which isnt large at all. Mid grade cabinets from Menards, mid grade appliances, mid grade vinyl floor and granite counters. Did everything myself except the counters and I was still around $15k.

Damnit Shawn, we're trying to give Conrad shit about being loaded and you had to go and bust us out. :bowrofl:

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
House looks sick with the roof moving along. The location of the lot, angle of the house, design etc all worked out great, I love how it looks as you pull up

Locked in the flooring order today. Don’t have a final price but I’m pretty sure we’ll be well under budget based on the cost per ft.

No drone pics because rain

C072FFC9-8CEE-484B-9FA5-EE1C2EA90E94.jpeg

79A79637-416A-48EF-863E-DD4F3AEFD8C6.jpeg

60BA9830-8D44-45FD-ABB6-C318A5804E7C.jpeg

Upstairs bathroom colors, we changed our original flooring decision to this unique stone-looking one. Tub and shower tile will be white to offset the darker floors and cabinets

8ED78B5E-E273-4C90-A83C-ECCEBDA6820B.jpeg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Looks like it’s progressing quickly, is there a date they’re trying to hit to have it all dried in before? They’ve already gotten lucky with how mild it’s been, just wondering if they’re really pushing for a certain date.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Looks like it’s progressing quickly, is there a date they’re trying to hit to have it all dried in before? They’ve already gotten lucky with how mild it’s been, just wondering if they’re really pushing for a certain date.
We’ve gotten SUPER lucky with the weather. Roof will be on soon, within a couple weeks. Windows and garage door i’m less sure about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info