I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
313415131_10229697882182020_5196172685072706288_n.jpeg

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
The 6,000-pound vehicle tax deduction is a rule under the federal tax code that allows people to deduct up to $25,000 of a vehicle's purchasing price on their tax return. The vehicle purchased must weigh over 6,000 pounds, according to the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), but no more than 14,000 pounds.

The IRS provides a deduction when a business owner purchases a vehicle that weighs more than 6,000 pounds. Section 179 of the IRS tax code essentially allows businesses to deduct the full purchase price of certain equipment and vehicles purchased before December 31st of a given tax year.

Quick googles, losta small business owners use this hence why thier wife gets a new Escalade every year.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
The 6,000-pound vehicle tax deduction is a rule under the federal tax code that allows people to deduct up to $25,000 of a vehicle's purchasing price on their tax return. The vehicle purchased must weigh over 6,000 pounds, according to the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), but no more than 14,000 pounds.

The IRS provides a deduction when a business owner purchases a vehicle that weighs more than 6,000 pounds. Section 179 of the IRS tax code essentially allows businesses to deduct the full purchase price of certain equipment and vehicles purchased before December 31st of a given tax year.

Quick googles, losta small business owners use this hence why thier wife gets a new Escalade every year.
So >6k GVWR...yep, Escalade will fall under that.
Now I just need a business to write if off through - or can I do it against my regular income via 1040?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

The Pun

OG CSVT Guy
TCG Premium
Apr 12, 2004
So >6k GVWR...yep, Escalade will fall under that.
Now I just need a business to write if off through - or can I do it against my regular income via 1040?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC
New and have to have a business.

Think it was intended to help farmers and heavy equipment bros but now all the Insta Hoes and OF thots can prob use it.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yeah, prices on used cars have fallen, C6Z's are back in the mid-30's. C7Z's are in the 50's. If the interest rates weren't sky high I'd probably jump on a C7GS, or C6Z.
There’s definitely a price correction in progress. The big car dealerships (IE Carmax, Carvana) are already noting it in their earnings guidance.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
There’s definitely a price correction in progress. The big car dealerships (IE Carmax, Carvana) are already noting it in their earnings guidance.
For sure, and I think it'll be significant. I also think the "fun" cars that we're all interested in have a lot more room to correct than SUV's, trucks and sedans. Nobody is going to buy something they don't need for top dollar at 7% and IMO there are very few cash buyers in the performance market, despite what some people think. Can't wait to see how far c8's drop lol

Make 911 turbos depreciate 15%/year again

For new vehicles, who knows. My guess is msrp's stay high but the OEM's spend a lot of money buying low interest loans for their customers.

1667837252033.png

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I'm so glad I bought the atlas CS when I did. 2k off msrp and 0x72 in april 2021, and I got carvanabucks for my accord and just pocketed the cash.

I'll keep this zero down $600/mo payment for a looong time. Has room, tows, looks good, cheap to own
I bought my wife's SUV in April of 2021. I sent my brother over to the sales guy that I used and he told him that I bought (got lucky too) at the absolute best time as all "deals" dried up in late April/Early May 2021.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I was talking with my mom last night as she runs a chevy dealer in the burbs, she said the used car market is tanking, all the dealers had to pay high prices for the cars at auction, and now stuck with cars that are deprecating quickly and they cant move them fast enough, said they will be writing off the losses shortly, and the used car interest rates are climbing as they are using a number close to 6% as a base on deal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info