Thank you Metra, for fucking me harder than normal.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Like its been said, I pay more in gas, tolls, and oil that Im burning, then you probably pay Metra. Plus I deal with traffic. I understand you are venting, but it isnt Metra's fault.

How about we rename the "FUCK EVERYONE THAT MAKES MY COMMUTE TO WORK MORE EXPENSIVE!!11!!1111!!oneone11!!!". Sound fair?

Ohh, and you still make out since you get $125 a month taken out PRE TAX from your check. So please, stop crying. I wish I could get my gas money, and tolls taken out pre tax.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
LOL, I have that same program at work but don't participate.

Here is a quick compare of train and driving from Palatine to Chicago. Before the increase. These are full prices and not with a monthly pass.

I take the train and pay $10 round trip. $2.00 to park in the garage. I take a express train. Total commute is probably a hour counting the train ride and driving to and from the train station. But can very depending on traffic. So $12 and 1 hour total commute.

I can drive and park in a garage close to work that costs $14 a day. I need to park before 9AM and leave before 7PM. Its a very nice garage and not sure why its so cheap but everywhere else close is $31 a day. I can get lucky and get from home to downtown in 30 minutes or I can get fucked and it will take a hour and a half. Not sure how much gas and tolls cost but say another $15. So thats almost $30 to drive downtown. Commute time will vary.

Its nice driving in sometimes if you don't catch traffic, but if you do it everyday it really will add up. Its also nice just chillin on the train ride home after you are done with work. So in my case train < driving.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info