Thank you Metra, for fucking me harder than normal.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
:rofl: das weren't you giving the guy who was going to counterfeit tickets a bunch of shit in his thread for not wanting to pay or something?

I am :bowrofl:

I'm not looking for pity, I just find the situation went from bad to worse with my transit benefit program being cut in half.

I go from being given a check that covers my train ticket that saves me a bit of money, to now being given a check that doesn't quite cover my train ticket. It's just stupid and annoying.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Seriously. I pay twice that a month I'd say easily, and my commute is a half an hour 1 way.

There are sacrifices with commuting too, it goes both ways.

It's a 20 minute walk to the train station, and an hour ride into the city.

Coming home it's faster at only a 40 minute train ride, but then I get a lovely 20 minute walk home in the dark.

If I drive to the train station it's $3 a day, which adds up in a hurry.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
At&t has the same thing for commuting. We have a 230 limit also, but I havent received anything saying its going to change. :dunno: (we use a different site) To be honest I should be taking advantage of this but I do not. :(

It's not the website that matters, it's a piece of national legislation that allows this. Yours will change as well, not that it matters since you don't use it :p

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
There are sacrifices with commuting too, it goes both ways.

It's a 20 minute walk to the train station, and an hour ride into the city.

Coming home it's faster at only a 40 minute train ride, but then I get a lovely 20 minute walk home in the dark.

If I drive to the train station it's $3 a day, which adds up in a hurry.

Yeah, exactly. So you have some crazy commute, but pay very little a month for it. Quit bitchin'.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
PZQ-B8.gif

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I get u dan. that blows. you should find out how much it will be and have your employer deduct that much and just add it to the check.

:dunno:

*Mobile Trolling*

To top it all off, our Comptroller is going on Maternity leave shortly, so anything $ related is going to take twice as long to work out. Ahh well.

Yeah, exactly. So you have some crazy commute, but pay very little a month for it. Quit bitchin'.

I'd rather pay more and have a short/easy commute, but that is not an option. It would take just as long to drive, AND cost more.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I can understand the "inconvienience" but I hope you realize how truely lucky you are to even have the option of taking the train and not having to drive your car, add mileage, stress and 4X the cost of the train and parking if you had to drive it. PLUS you will eventually be able to work from home and you're saving a shit ton of money regardless.

Example; I drive 18 miles to work one way which takes about 1/2 hour and I have to fill up once a week at about $65 per fill up minimum. That's $260 per month just for gas. I want to tell you to go fuck yourself for even considering a rant or complaining about an out of pocket expense thats minimal at best but thats more jealousy and envy than anything. I'd check with your boss to see if they can give you an increase to cover the extra expense (maybe sneak it in like when you have to pay tolls while conducting company business) or if you have enough people in your office that take the train get them on the same thought process and see what happens.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I'm still saying you have it good. An now you could work from home an eventually will. Stop bitching about a few extra bucks and your "not easy commute".
Dude you walk 20 min each way. Think of it as a workout. Then you sit on your ass for an hour not dealing with traffic jams and eventually the snow. I would gladly take your "hard expensive commute" over mine.
Oh yeah I drive 32 miles each way. With no traffic it's a hour, with traffic anywhere from 15-30+ added to that.
I won't get into how it is when it rains or snows or the gas I have to put in and the miles.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I'm still saying you have it good. An now you could work from home an eventually will. Stop bitching about a few extra bucks and your "not easy commute".
Dude you walk 20 min each way. Think of it as a workout. Then you sit on your ass for an hour not dealing with traffic jams and eventually the snow. I would gladly take your "hard expensive commute" over mine.
Oh yeah I drive 32 miles each way. With no traffic it's a hour, with traffic anywhere from 15-30+ added to that.
I won't get into how it is when it rains or snows or the gas I have to put in and the miles.

Same exact thing for me. 32 miles and an hour. It sucks dick.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
i drive 32 miles a day to go to work as well. i go through 2 tolls on 355. those tolls are going up 45 cents each. it equals out to 28.80 increase out of pocket a month. not counting fuel cost and already paid toll rates. so do i feel your pain about increased rates yes. do i feel you are justified enough to rant about it no. :violin:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info