Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Do motorcycles need a leather jacket? I’m going riding the next day in Wisconsin so I’ll probably bring my dirt bike with and stay up there
I would think ANYONE using a bike at the track day would want one whether its required or not. But yes, I would say if you're racing a bike, you should be smart about what you're wearing.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I would think ANYONE using a bike at the track day would want one whether its required or not. But yes, I would say if you're racing a bike, you should be smart about what you're wearing.
I can't see them letting you run down the track without a helmet. That's just a major liability and lawsuit waiting to happen. That's why I'm bringing my spare motorcycle helmet. So far, I'm planning on running the bike, and only the bike.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
The only other thing I'll throw in is that left lane should always exit the track first.

If right lane gets down the track first, you don't want to cut across the track until you know that the car in the left lane is slowed down and under control. Stop and wait for the left car to exit to avoid getting t-boned.
My biggest fear. Happened to my buddy at Byron 10 years ago.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
First time I ran a bike at a drag strip was at Byron. Talk about lax... riders were wearing gym shoes, jeans, jacket (wind breaker), helmet, and gloves. I was walking around in 90° heat with full leathers, cause I like my skin attached to me, and not in chunks down the track :rofl:

Thread Info