Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So as we're now less than a week away from the track day, I thought it would be a good idea to have a master thread for whos meeting who where, whos bringing what, going over the rules etc.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT. If you break during your run, IMMEDIATELY pull off to the side and shut the car off for inspection. Please please please do not continue to drive down the track if you suspect you broke or are leaking fluid. This will add big delays should something like this happen and require cleanup.

Equally important - If right lane gets down the track first, you don't want to cut across the track until you know that the car in the left lane is slowed down and under control. Stop and wait for the left car to exit to avoid getting t-boned.

What safety precautions are in place for COVID?
We have the benefit of being outdoors 100% of the time for our track day, so that will help from a safety standpoint. Masks are not required but are encouraged, don't feel embarrassed if you choose to wear one.

As we will have 60+ people at the track, do try and be mindful of social distancing. If you're gathering in a group, don't stand on top of each other. Cover your mouth, be mindful of what you're touching, all that good stuff.

When do the gates open?
According to my invoice, gates open at 10:00am. You can begin arriving any time after that.

What time is racing?
Racing starts at noon and goes until 5pm. After that, the track opens for T&T and we can stay and continue racing at no charge.

What about parking?

Do we need to tech in?
Yes, you will have to tech like normal but expect the actual "tech" to be very forgiving. Just make sure you have things like a battery tie down, a non leaking motor and trans, simple things like that and you'll be fine.

What type of safety equipment do I need?
You will need a helmet (either your own or by renting one at the track). Shoes pants and a shirt are required. While it shouldn't be required, the safety of yourself and those racing next to you are extremely important. If you own a fire jacket, for example, and should be using it, bring it. Even if you don't actually wear it, you'll have it. Its always a good idea to keep some type of mini fire extinguisher if you run ethanol or expect that your car might spontaneously combust.

Bottom line, use your head and bring safety stuff if you own it.

Will I be able to buy fuel?
Yes, the pumps will be turned on.

What about food?
Concessions will be open to us, including access to those delicious GLD burgers.

Will we all be cruising together? Where is everyone meeting up?
Post 2 will be reserved for meet up spots, cruising times, etc.

Should I bring a jack and tools? Are others brings jacks and tools?
See post 3, but I suspect plenty will have jacks, tools and stand on hand. If you have your own, never a bad idea to bring some.

Will update if anything else comes to mind.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Alright. HERE IS THE PLAN FOR THOSE THAT CAN MAKE THIS SPOT.

Meet at Buffalo Wild Wings (2540 New, Sutton Rd, Hoffman Estates, IL 60192) at 9am sharp. We will leave my 9:15. This will get us to GLD by approx 10:15/10:30.
We will be taking the basic route that Google provides, unless someone has a better route. https://goo.gl/maps/WR6YkePpQY2dddzz8

I encourage everyone to try and set up caravans in their area if possible.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Relaxed enough for these bad boys?

yeah. Gotta make the Adult decision and say no to buying tires.These will suffer through next year. But they ain’t going on track. Looks like the Focus is going to be my Ride of the Day.

AABB4370-591E-4CA3-9BB5-6664B64F7C3D.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: greasy

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So for those close to the Elgin / Barrington area....do you guys wanna meet over by Rookies at 59/72? Meet around 9ish and roll shortly after? Track opens at 10 and I feel like I should at least be there by 1030. Get organized. Walk the track, etc.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
The only other thing I'll throw in is that left lane should always exit the track first.

If right lane gets down the track first, you don't want to cut across the track until you know that the car in the left lane is slowed down and under control. Stop and wait for the left car to exit to avoid getting t-boned.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
They'll still make the racers wear wrist bands, I think this is for the track personnel to be sure the drivers went through tech. Each racer will have to fill out a card and sign the waiver to race.
Ah yes, good point. I haven't raced in YEARS, so the wristband part is me getting old.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Thread Info