TCG Tour 2017 - The Circle Strikes Back - (Sept 8-11)

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Hotels were hard this year. The cheaper hotels wouldn't do blocks and the others had a max number they'd allow us, which wasn't many. And with the intent being karting and mini golf, that impacted hotel selection. I'd like to know if that's something you guys would do again.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The one day we did get to do karting it was fun in a short fashion. Those karts aren't really meant for adults so much, or people like us who are car nuts.

And the K1 Speed places have limited locations, so that would be hard to arrange.

The Mini-Golf was fun even if we did give up hope of scoring. :)

I think for hotels the entire trip would have to be arranged much earlier.

The Tunnel of Trees was great. The roads after the Day 2 clam lake Beer co. lunch stop were awesome. Though we certainly didn't get as wild in terms of pushing limits as we did on Land of Lakes.

The Coastal highways were fun to drive.

And the complete lack of Police was a plus, thanks for arranging that. We only saw maybe 3 or 4 troopers the ENTIRE trip. Which was amazing.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Did a little math....

Tolls $9ish
Hobby Shop $25ish
Graphics $Favorsish
Snacks and Booze $Unknownish
Mars Cheese Castle $90ish
Stickers $MoreFavorsish
Tshirts $90ish
Food $180ish
Gas $210ish
Hotels $430ish
GTO $mehish
The Experience $Pricelessish

($1k give or take for 2)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm down for whatever and wherever next year... I don't care how many hours we drive in a day, it's always fun in the Cayman. Kim and I did 34 hours straight back from San Francisco!

I do like the idea of driving further away the first day and then planning activities from there.

that's so awesome that that car is that comfortable.

:bowdown:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I have digested this years tour. I don't like being back to normal life, aka work, laundry, and making myself food.

The smaller group was easy to manage but a few more cars would be good. I really feel like the sweet spot is about 20 cars. This allows 2 packs when necessary which is nice for flexibility.

Always good to see new faces but Heather and I enjoy reconnecting with the TCGTour alumni, especially those that have been on all 3.

Hats off to Alex for getting that car built and having no major issues. You are obviously more than just a diesel brother.

Thanks to Dan and Jared for navigating pretty much the whole trip. Its a thankless job and you embraced it. Watching that truck blast all weekend was amazing. And Jared I'm glad you were at the front all weekend becuase when I was following you at the end my GTO never felt so slow. lol

As mentioned by Mook thanks to 007Jack for making this site happen and not taking down the TCG Tour banner yet... I actually like the reverse reminder. (edit, its now gone)

I'm glad Carter and Bill didn't have real issues when their cars started doing goofy things.

Welcome to the cult Porsche guys (James and Brian), make sure you come back next year!

Nick, glad you were able to make a short trip with us, hopefully you can get that camaro going for 18.

Dick Rago, thanks for the entertainment as always. Bring the car next year?

FireballDan... Is there a nicer guy on tour? Serious comment. Always good spending a weekend with you

Nick and Colleen did a great job coordinating mid pack as Mike pointed out. Always good with the radio and making phone calls. Thanks for taking care of that

Tom we didn't see enough of the Dyson, but that car still amazes me every time. Well done.

Megan, thanks for not dying from Carter's farts. That would have been terrible... Glad to have the two of you back on the tour this year.

Joe... Another great route. Honestly we can't tell you enough how much we appreciate what you do. You were mentioned so many times on the radio! I look forward to having you back there next year.

Thanks to Mike for making this place possible. You should be proud of what we have here and just accept it for what it is. Like you said we have a core group that will always go and that is all we need to have a good time. TCG Tour doesn't need to be Power Tour with the whole site going.

I think most or all of the people on tour want to help with the tour. My reply is do it. I am not on the site as much as I used to be but I made time to do shirts and stickers because I view them as an essential part of the tour. Everyone can make some time to help in some way shape or form.

Thanks to everyone. Heather and I both really enjoy this trip each year and want it to keep going for years to come.

I really hope that was everyone.....

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
Very well said John! It's bugged me that I haven't made it the past two tours, aside from seeing you guys off. Between last year's accident and busy year this year, I will definitely be busting ass next year to get my Camaro done. I'm done with making excuses about why it's not done already or when I'll start... I've dreamt about driving that car on trips, solely like what we've been doing past 3 years, for so long.

Seriously, this is what I like best about this site. When it comes to getting a group together and have fun. I too haven't been as active as much do to hours or location (which I plan to move closer to bumfuck Indiana like Alex), but I'll always make time for shenanigans with you peeps.

P.s. - I want to say THANK YOU to Angela and Paul again. As last year after our accident, she offered one of their vehicles for us to take on the tour. Just couldn't swing it after being out of work 3 months. It really meant a lot.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
I can write a novel on the tours so far, they've been incredible all the way through, even with the hiccups (they make the tour, all things considered). I'm going to keep it short and sweet.

Everyone that has been on these is awesome. I've never seen a random group of people (albeit most of us know each other) connect so well for the few days we're together, it feels more of a family than a friendship. I look forward to 2018, as well as 2019 and so on, I'll be at every one if life permits.

PS. Alex [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION], I'm jealous as fuck of your car. [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION], I'm pretty sure you threw that 9k pig around corners better than your vette :mamoru:.

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I have digested this years tour. I don't like being back to normal life, aka work, laundry, and making myself food.

The smaller group was easy to manage but a few more cars would be good. I really feel like the sweet spot is about 20 cars. This allows 2 packs when necessary which is nice for flexibility.

Always good to see new faces but Heather and I enjoy reconnecting with the TCGTour alumni, especially those that have been on all 3.

Hats off to Alex for getting that car built and having no major issues. You are obviously more than just a diesel brother.

Thanks to Dan and Jared for navigating pretty much the whole trip. Its a thankless job and you embraced it. Watching that truck blast all weekend was amazing. And Jared I'm glad you were at the front all weekend becuase when I was following you at the end my GTO never felt so slow. lol

As mentioned by Mook thanks to 007Jack for making this site happen and not taking down the TCG Tour banner yet... I actually like the reverse reminder. (edit, its now gone)

I'm glad Carter and Bill didn't have real issues when their cars started doing goofy things.

Welcome to the cult Porsche guys (James and Brian), make sure you come back next year!

Nick, glad you were able to make a short trip with us, hopefully you can get that camaro going for 18.

Dick Rago, thanks for the entertainment as always. Bring the car next year?

FireballDan... Is there a nicer guy on tour? Serious comment. Always good spending a weekend with you

Nick and Colleen did a great job coordinating mid pack as Mike pointed out. Always good with the radio and making phone calls. Thanks for taking care of that

Tom we didn't see enough of the Dyson, but that car still amazes me every time. Well done.

Megan, thanks for not dying from Carter's farts. That would have been terrible... Glad to have the two of you back on the tour this year.

Joe... Another great route. Honestly we can't tell you enough how much we appreciate what you do. You were mentioned so many times on the radio! I look forward to having you back there next year.

Thanks to Mike for making this place possible. You should be proud of what we have here and just accept it for what it is. Like you said we have a core group that will always go and that is all we need to have a good time. TCG Tour doesn't need to be Power Tour with the whole site going.

I think most or all of the people on tour want to help with the tour. My reply is do it. I am not on the site as much as I used to be but I made time to do shirts and stickers because I view them as an essential part of the tour. Everyone can make some time to help in some way shape or form.

Thanks to everyone. Heather and I both really enjoy this trip each year and want it to keep going for years to come.

I really hope that was everyone.....

Well said John!

I am very humble by your complement! :bigthumb:
You and heather have always been a pleasure to socialize with along with all the other fellow TCG Members!

This past weekend has been phenomenal. It good to see all the familiar faces, and meeting new ones. [MENTION=510]Vogz[/MENTION] & [MENTION=669]shockerracing.com[/MENTION]

Big Kudos to [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] for making a 44 day build become a success!!

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Sooo, finally had time to wash my car this afternoon. Only downside to the kind of driving/high speed passing we did is the front end of my car looks and feels like it got sand blasted. If I'm able to make it next year, I'll be putting some kind of paint protection on the front end. Might need a bumper cover re-spray before that... :tear:

Thread Info