TCG Tour 2017 - The Circle Strikes Back - (Sept 8-11)

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
1000+ miles, home sweet home. Ah, where to begin, this trip has given me a lot to digest.

This has been a long year for me (and its not over yet). A lot of things have taken a backseat or have flat out been neglected...the site has been one of those things.

After we set the dates and [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] and I did some initial planning, I completely lost interest in the Tour...to the point where I didn't really have feelings for it one way or the other....this weekend 100% changed that and renewed my commitment to this community. It helped me clear one (of many) life ruts.

Anyway, on to the thank yous:

First and foremost, [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]. You put together an AMAZING weekend. The routes and roads were amazing. Fantastic scenery and fantastic twists. Wish you could have made it man.

Second, [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION]. You and I butt heads a ton but you stepped up this year. You got the shirts done, stickers done (with the help of Tamm I assume) and you were on top of dinner each night (Heather too). You were instrumental in keeping the group focused when we arrived each evening. Thank you.

Third, to [MENTION=288]Jack[/MENTION]. You keep the site humming a long in the background, ten years strong and basically a thankless job. Glad you made it out another year.

[MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION] and [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION], you guys kept the group together and informed the entire time. You led the way and nailed it. Appreciate it gents.

[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] and Mrs. Wombat, you guys did great with keeping the front of the pack and the back of the pack together and connected. Also appreciate it.

[MENTION=510]Vogz[/MENTION], you got that midnight pizza, pube free. Win.

To EVERYONE that attended, thank you all...this trip was fantastic b/c of all of you.

MV FUCKING P goes to [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] and the IROC. You got that thing done in just over a month and it made the 1300 mile trip without incident, total rockstar.

To those that bailed for no reason or that had to bail for various reasons, you missed out on another great adventure. Maybe I'll give you guys 12 month notice next time :s00ls:

Best thing u have posted all year. Glad u got the spark back and cleared your head.
I truly am bummed I couldn't attend. Glad to see all had fun.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The turnout is what it is. No amount of advanced notice will keep people committed.

The large group has been a blast and the small group (this year) was equally a blast.

I'm not going to worry about the tour turnouts going forward. We've already got a core group that's always going to be in.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
1000+ miles, home sweet home. Ah, where to begin, this trip has given me a lot to digest.

This has been a long year for me (and its not over yet). A lot of things have taken a backseat or have flat out been neglected...the site has been one of those things.

After we set the dates and [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] and I did some initial planning, I completely lost interest in the Tour...to the point where I didn't really have feelings for it one way or the other....this weekend 100% changed that and renewed my commitment to this community. It helped me clear one (of many) life ruts.

Anyway, on to the thank yous:

First and foremost, [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION]. You put together an AMAZING weekend. The routes and roads were amazing. Fantastic scenery and fantastic twists. Wish you could have made it man.

Second, [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION]. You and I butt heads a ton but you stepped up this year. You got the shirts done, stickers done (with the help of Tamm I assume) and you were on top of dinner each night (Heather too). You were instrumental in keeping the group focused when we arrived each evening. Thank you.

Third, to [MENTION=288]Jack[/MENTION]. You keep the site humming a long in the background, ten years strong and basically a thankless job. Glad you made it out another year.

[MENTION=111]OffshoreDrilling[/MENTION] and [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION], you guys kept the group together and informed the entire time. You led the way and nailed it. Appreciate it gents.

[MENTION=127]wombat[/MENTION] and Mrs. Wombat, you guys did great with keeping the front of the pack and the back of the pack together and connected. Also appreciate it.

[MENTION=510]Vogz[/MENTION], you got that midnight pizza, pube free. Win.

To EVERYONE that attended, thank you all...this trip was fantastic b/c of all of you.

MV FUCKING P goes to [MENTION=7923]CTC DEEZUL[/MENTION] and the IROC. You got that thing done in just over a month and it made the 1300 mile trip without incident, total rockstar.

To those that bailed for no reason or that had to bail for various reasons, you missed out on another great adventure. Maybe I'll give you guys 12 month notice next time :s00ls:

:biggthump

Had a fucking awesome time.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
We did what? 6 hours per day this year? Give or take?

Yeah, I could see 8 do-able, w/ maybe a 1-2 hr drive next am to get to destination. Looking west, that could put us in Fargo ND.

Sub 8 - Looking east that could put us in Pittsburgh, South Nashville/Memphis area. Just some initial ideas if people know things to do around those areas.

Thread Info