📆 TCG EVENT TCG Spring Cruise | Starved Rock / Galena | Weekend of April 20th (4/20-4/21)

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Saturday 2024-04-20
Event end date: Monday 2024-04-22
Registration ends: Monday 2024-04-22
# Username Guest count
1 Mook Mook 1
2 Teege24 Teege24 1
3 utryd2 utryd2 2
4 SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me 1
5 JFish75 JFish75 1
6 KyaLorne KyaLorne 1
7 Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA 1
8 V Venan 1
9 Ktj100 Ktj100 2

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Details for this cruise will be as follows:
  1. Bartlett to Starved Rock State Park: We will be meeting at the Shell Parking on on the Bartlett / South Barrington border (2345 W Bartlett Rd, Bartlett, IL 60103) where we will be departing no later than 8:30am. (Route There Bartlett to Starved Rock )
  2. Starved Rock State Park: Spend some time exploring the park's beautiful trails, canyons, and waterfalls. If we have time we'll try to visit popular spots like French Canyon, Wildcat Canyon, and Eagle Cliff Overlook. Trail Route
  3. Starved Rock State Park to Galena: After enjoying time at Starved Rock we'll make our way to Galena while making a stop for food in Peru (Buffalo Wild Wings) and then in Savanna for some Ice Cream (Shivers)! (Route to Galena Starved Rock to hotel in Galena )
  4. Galena: Arrive in Galena in the late afternoon or early evening. Check into our hotel (Irish Cottage Inn & Suites ) and then explore downtown area maybe visit some shops and enjoy dinner at one of the local restaurants.
  5. Departure: We'll grab breakfast in Galena before beginning our journey back home.
Gas is currently spaced out around every 100 miles or so along the route, so I hope that suites everybody!

Please let me know if you're interested in joining us!

Lodging:

Irish Cottage Inn & Suites

We can make reservations by calling (866) 284-7474 and asking for the "Chicago Garage Car Club" (They didn't listen to me when I said specifically "The Chicago Garage" 🤦‍♂️) room block or we may make reservations online.

The link is:

https://www.theirishcottageboutiquehotel.com/

Put in our arrival and departure dates and put the code CGC24 in the Group Code space. This will pull up our group rate so you can book your stay.

Reservations by attendees must be received on or before 5:00pm, March 22, 2024 (the “Cutoff Date”).

In the event, that any of us may need to cancel our reservations that have been secured under the group room block
you may do so by contacting the hotel directly. You will have up to 48 hours prior to arrival to cancel your reservation
without penalty. If the cancellation period has passed, your reservation will be assessed a cancellation charge of the
first night’s room and tax.

Overall route not including small tweaks along the way to hit twisty roads :

1713460871812.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Definitely seasonal, their Facebook says they are hiring right now
It’s a slight divert from your current route, so your call. If we detour, there is the road on the east side of the palisades state park. Usually a lot of slow traffic and very few passing opportunities, but twisty. Have to weigh whether or not it’s worth it. Takes you north to Elizabeth, but you can cut west to Hanover and catch the Blackjack Trail into Galena.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
It’s a slight divert from your current route, so your call. If we detour, there is the road on the east side of the palisades state park. Usually a lot of slow traffic and very few passing opportunities, but twisty. Have to weigh whether or not it’s worth it. Takes you north to Elizabeth, but you can cut west to Hanover and catch the Blackjack Trail into Galena.
It's a small detour that still gets us in the same general direction, if you join us for the cruise its a detour worth taking in my opinion!

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Might be up for this. There are some decent roads on the northwest leg. I know a good ice cream stop in Savannah.

We like to stop at the Massbach Winery right there too. When you leave to the north/east there is some nice curvy roads. Might be worth getting off RT84 for some nice scenery and curvy roads.

I am interested in the event as well.

• Love
Reactions: Teege24

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
We like to stop at the Massbach Winery right there too. When you leave to the north/east there is some nice curvy roads. Might be worth getting off RT84 for some nice scenery and curvy roads.

I am interested in the event as well.
Yeah, I would avoid 84 as well, it'll be a lot of traffic with very few passing zone. Not sure which is the lesser of the two evils... 84 or Scenic Ridge Rd. Go south on 84 and can go to Poopy's. I'm sure we'd fit right in.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
84 is nice but I'd say Scenic Ridge Road for sure. Especially if you go off there for some other off-the-beaten-path roads.

I've been going to Poopy's since the mid 90's. I wanna say we went the year they opened in like 1995 or 1996. I can imagine some of the TCG members may not be so comfortable around some scary bikers. haha J/K I am always down for Poopy's tho.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
84 is nice but I'd say Scenic Ridge Road for sure. Especially if you go off there for some other off-the-beaten-path roads.

I've been going to Poopy's since the mid 90's. I wanna say we went the year they opened in like 1995 or 1996. I can imagine some of the TCG members may not be so comfortable around some scary bikers. haha J/K I am always down for Poopy's tho.
Been there, got the sweatshirt!

Scenic Ridge Rd is good if you go north to south, seems to be less traffic moving that direction.

Reactions: Pressure Ratio

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Teege24 Teege24 for the return trip, take a look at maybe adding in this section:

I've done Stagecoach Trail a few times, it's nice, but only 45mph, and there is a decent chance of seeing LEO. But the run down Elizabeth Scales Mound Rd (have also done this) would be better than slogging along RT20 the whole way.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Teege24 Teege24 for the return trip, take a look at maybe adding in this section:

I've done Stagecoach Trail a few times, it's nice, but only 45mph, and there is a decent chance of seeing LEO. But the run down Elizabeth Scales Mound Rd (have also done this) would be better than slogging along RT20 the whole way.
I was honestly leaving the route home open ended after we get breakfast for everyone to choose as they see fit, but if people want to hit a few roads on the way back I would be more than happy to oblige!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was honestly leaving the route home open ended after we get breakfast for everyone to choose as they see fit, but if people want to hit a few roads on the way back I would be more than happy to oblige!
Yeah, 20 the whole way back is going to be teeth-gnashing....

The last time I was out that way, this is how we came back. It was just two of us on the fast bikes, and he was heading to Plainfield. So the run to I-88 wouldn't work for most. I have also taken IL-78 south from RT-20, instead of Derinda. Both work.

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Thread Info