📆 TCG EVENT TCG Spring Cruise | Starved Rock / Galena | Weekend of April 20th (4/20-4/21)

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Saturday 2024-04-20
Event end date: Monday 2024-04-22
Registration ends: Monday 2024-04-22
# Username Guest count
1 Mook Mook 1
2 Teege24 Teege24 1
3 utryd2 utryd2 2
4 SpeedSpeak2me SpeedSpeak2me 1
5 JFish75 JFish75 1
6 KyaLorne KyaLorne 1
7 Thirdgen89GTA Thirdgen89GTA 1
8 V Venan 1
9 Ktj100 Ktj100 2

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Yeah, 20 the whole way back is going to be teeth-gnashing....

The last time I was out that way, this is how we came back. It was just two of us on the fast bikes, and he was heading to Plainfield. So the run to I-88 wouldn't work for most. I have also taken IL-78 south from RT-20, instead of Derinda. Both work.

I'm open to any suggestions for the route home, as long as it isn't TOO FAR out of the way for the majority of the group

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
KyaLorne KyaLorne and I just registered, what’s the deal with the hotel? Did/are you gonna get a block of rooms or something? Maybe some kind of group rate? Or just every man for themselves?
As soon as I get a good grasp on a headcount, I will be reaching out to see if we can get a group rate/block

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Alright guys/gals, I said screw it and just gave them a call, they said that they only do group discounts when 10+ rooms are being booked. Also, they only offer the discount / room block to only one group per weekend. So I am waiting for a call back from the Hotel Manager after they review their schedule for the weekend of April 20th.

They are also checking on if a group discount code would be possible so we can book separately versus me collecting money and booking for everyone.

I'd rather have us book separately as I am sure all of you would like that option as well.

Cancellations for a full refund can be given up to 48 hours before your stay, and I would rather everyone handle that individually if personal emergencies arise and not have people be SOL on their deposit.

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
So, I got us the room block for 10 rooms! I can increase if need be and if all rooms are not used they will be automatically taken off the block. Room block is under "The Chicago Garage".

As soon as I receive the email with the details of how to book under the block, I will share them!

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
So still waiting for the code to pass along to you guys but the pricing will be as follows:

Traditional King Room

Normal Rate: $209 a night

Our Rate: $189 a night

She described to me that there is a $20 non waivable fee that is applied no matter the rate, this fee covers the following:

Full Hot Breakfast Buffet served daily in Frank O'Dowd's Pub
Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel
Irish Afternoon Tea served in the Irish Library daily from 3pm to 5pm
Coffee and Tea served in the lobby All Day
Exclusive access to the Fairie Ring and hiking trail on property
Hotel shuttle service to Main Street
Indoor Pool & Hot Tub
Fitness Center
Bottled water in each guest room upon arrival
Streaming Entertainment Platform available in each guest room
Priority seating at the Frank O'Dowd's Pub located just inside the entrance of the hotel

Hopefully have the reservation link soon!

Reactions: JFish75

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Our Room block is all set!

Now loaded in system and is available for us to book reservations.

We can make reservations by calling (866) 284-7474 and asking for the "Chicago Garage Car Club" (They didn't listen to me when I said specifically "The Chicago Garage" 🤦‍♂️) room block or we may make reservations online.

The link is:

https://www.theirishcottageboutiquehotel.com/

Put in our arrival and departure dates and put the code CGC24 in the Group Code space. This will pull up our group rate so you can book your stay.

I will be adding details to the initial post, but one thing to note:

Reservations by attendees must be received on or before 5:00pm, March 22, 2024 (the “Cutoff Date”).

Reactions: JFish75

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Nccstud Nccstud.... Sunday afternoon bonfire at the Stud's compound?

1709259033116.png

• Creepin
Reactions: Teege24

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
Curious why it says event ends Monday, but there is only one Hotel.

I assume Check-in on Sat 4/20, Checkout Sunday 4/21 AM.

Is there another hotel for Sunday night I"m missing here, or is the schedule event at the top just a typo for Sunday-Monday.
We've been having issues with the RSVP functionality. This is only 4/20-4/21..one night stay!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Teege24 Teege24 I think you're burying the real reason you want to stay at that hotel.

• Love
Reactions: EmersonHart13

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary

Thread Info