đź“Š Poll TCG Poker Night this winter - whos interested

Are you interested in a TCG Poker Night?

• Total voters

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Been talking to greasy greasy about this, and talked with Loanshark Loanshark this morning as well. I'd love to put together a TCG Hold Em night this winter. Matt / LoanShark said we could use his office space in Lincoln Park to host, which would be awesome. HOWEVER, I put the safety of TCG first and with COVID (whether you believe in it or not makes no difference to me), I want to make sure that anyone who chooses to play is both comfortable with the event and understands that I do take this pandemic seriously when it comes to you guys. Put plainly, there really is no way to ensure player safety while we're all sitting close at a table. We could all wear masks but that would make it very hard to all enjoy ourselves for an extended period of time....of course, I would support and encourage it if everyone was down for mask wearing.

But I digress. This post is for gauging interest and we can figure out the logistics later. Cast your vote and we can go from there.

• Love
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Are you thinking cash games or tourney style?

What kind of buy in are you high rollers thinking?

I havent played in awhile but might be in covid depending.... If cases are still high I would likely be out until things settle down some. Im not worried about myself getting it, but I have to be careful because I work closely with my Mom here at work and my Dad has a super compromised immune system so I have to make sure she doesnt bring anything back to him.

Reactions: Mook and Shawn1112

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I used to have a friend that would host a monthly Poker night during the winter months, until they got divorced. I haven't played in a game in years. If COVID goes away, I'd be all over this. I work for a hospital, wife is higher risk for Covid (cancer) so I'm out unless we have a vaccine. Sounds like fun though. "don't splash the pot. It's my game, I'll splash the fucking pot anytime I want."

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Don't suck on your fingers, keep sanitizer out, don't suck on the chips or cards, don't cough on people.

Eh, I mean, I work for a hospital system (in their corporate office, not in the clinical side). Our building is at less than 25% capacity, and when I'm in the office, if anyone within a 10 foot radius of my desk is here, I sit with a mask on all day. I haven't seen friends that I've had for years since COVID. Shit, we moved in May and my mom still hasn't been over to see the new house (partially because she lives outside of Nashville).

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
My house we usually do $30 buy in for tourneys and that gets you roughly $2500 in chips. Losers usually start cash games at another table, usually dealer calls the game. We average 2 tourneys in a night

We used to have $25 buy in tourneys at my house every Friday night years ago, and we bumped the blinds pretty quick though to force action. Used to get 3 or 4 games in a night....

I usually like tourney style better than cash but will play either.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
"don't splash the pot. It's my game, I'll splash the fucking pot anytime I want."

giphy.gif

God I love that movie.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'd be in. I haven't played a tourney in legit forever, don't those normally take a looong time to get to a winner?
Depends whos at the table. I've been in small tournaments that lasted an hour. I've also been part of 15 table tournaments that last 8 hours and I ended up being the dealer at the final table b/c I couldnt last and hang with the big dogs.

Just depends whos playing.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Depends whos at the table. I've been in small tournaments that lasted an hour. I've also been part of 15 table tournaments that last 8 hours and I ended up being the dealer at the final table b/c I couldnt last and hang with the big dogs.

Just depends whos playing.

Push the blinds and force people to play.....

Its a $25 or $30 buy in tourney, no reason to not force the action IMO.

Reactions: blue-sun

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Push the blinds and force people to play.....

Its a $25 or $30 buy in tourney, no reason to not force the action IMO.
Well ya. I'm just saying...I've been part of ultra conservative games and I've been part of games where folks are throwing their car title on the table.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Well ya. I'm just saying...I've been part of ultra conservative games and I've been part of games where folks are throwing their car title on the table.

I had one friend who was a fucking GAMBLER. I mean he would play blind, go all in before even looking at his hole cards, even seen him do a side bet for someones baseball hat.... :bowrofl:

It would actually get annoying at times because youre just like "for fucks sake I want to play a marginal hand but this guys just fucking throwing chips around like an asshole...."

He was great though if you hit the nuts cause his ass would pay you out for sure.

Reactions: greasy

Thread Info