Food / Drink TCG Grillers, smokers and red meat enthusiasts

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
After work today, I pulled out the Santa Maria for a pork roast and tri tip. Had the roast today and put the tri tip in the fridge for sandwiches tomorrow.

E7QiZHr.jpg

CWOcQuL.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Since it was slightly warmer decided to make smash burgers. Turned out excellent, definitely my favorite lately.

View attachment 111137

View attachment 111138

View attachment 111139

When I saw this post Friday I went straight to the store and bought everything I needed to make smash burgers. I cooked 2 rounds of these, one lunch one dinner and my god were they absolutely delicious. Thank you for this. I have never made these for myself before and I just don't see making any other kind of burgers ever again :rofl: SOOOO GOOOD.

• Love
Reactions: strtcar

strtcar

Regular
Oct 28, 2007
When I saw this post Friday I went straight to the store and bought everything I needed to make smash burgers. I cooked 2 rounds of these, one lunch one dinner and my god were they absolutely delicious. Thank you for this. I have never made these for myself before and I just don't see making any other kind of burgers ever again :rofl: SOOOO GOOOD.
I'm here to make everyone fatter, one day at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: SleeperLS

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
Tomorrow I'm doing a big breakfast before we all head to the Norge Ski Jump Festival. I'm for sure going to get my money's worth out of this Blackstone.

Breakfast Tacos
Bacons
Hashbrown
Pancakes

Breakfast Tacos. The only thing not in the pic was the 16 scrambled eggs added to the veggies and sausage. The griddle was big enough to cook all of this, plus all the shells. It's a beast.
6.jpg
7.jpg

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Doing Italian beef for dinner tonight. On at 9 should be ready in about 8-9 hours. There's sauteed onions and peppers under and then seasoning, broth, and some extra pepper on top.

In my professional amateur opinion, caramelizing onions then the beef and then cleaning all the goodness outta the pan with some broth into the cooker is the key.

received_511618953648044.jpeg

received_986047228784977.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Next Saturday, I'm going to attempt my 1st overnight cook with a 9lb bone in butt. Making it for pulled pork nachos at our SB party.
I'll use my WSM, any pointers to help me out? Should I use the water pan, should I use the regular charcoal basket or the big ass one I got from TCG Secret Santa?
I think MEATeorite MEATeorite mentioned only lighting 4 charcoal briquettes to start it?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Inject the butt with Chris Lilly's pork butt injection recipe. I gives you flavor all through the meat.

I'd use a water pan. You will go through a lot of charcoal in a long cook like this. Look up the "snake" method.

Cook until super tender. Don't worry as much about finishing temps. You can wrap the butt when it hits the stall.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I’ve got my brining and rub method down as I’ve done probably 100 butts on my Pit Barrel. I’ve just never done an overnight cook as the Pit Barrel runs hotter than a more traditional smoker.

I’ll look into that snake method. Just need to figure out if I should use the standard charcoal basket of the big one. I’m leaning towards the big one.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Wife and I have wanted a smoker for a while now. I was at Costco drooling over a toolbox I wanted and next to it was a Traeger pellet smoker for $699. I didn't get the model number but looking online they are really expensive, and they didn't have one for 699 online. I wonder if it's a clearance sale.
Well which Juan is it

• Haha
Reactions: GTPpower and Flyn

Thread Info