Oct 5, 2012
@Shawn1112

Air fryer reheat FTMFW

20220124_112126.jpg

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
When are you cooking it? I would brine it over night if you can.
Accoring to what I have seen online it wont be thawed until later this week. I am not on really any schedule so probably late this week, early this weekend. I was thinking about brining it. I really have never done any poultry other than wings and thighs in the smoker so I am completely clueless lol

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Accoring to what I have seen online it wont be thawed until later this week. I am not on really any schedule so probably late this week, early this weekend. I was thinking about brining it. I really have never done any poultry other than wings and thighs in the smoker so I am completely clueless lol
Take a look at Kosmos BBQ. They have a good brine. Or I can also post my brine recipe. It’s more for a savory, herb sytle but you can double the sugar and tweak it for BBQ.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I was so busy making a couple dozen tacos yesterday I didn't have time for pics.

Took one today as we had some more Birria tacos for dinner. Crunchy outside and melted cheese goodness with Birria beef, cilantro and onion inside. We're out of the salsa I made and the guacamole my son made for the dinner yesterday. It went fast.

EcS3wGb.jpg

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
My only advice is be prepared to cut off the wings and or legs. The last big bird I smoked halfway through I realized it was too late and the wings were absolutely wrecked and couldn't even eat them.
Thanks for the advice, I wasnt too happy with how they are just kinda laying off to the side. I was thinking of tying them up or putting a tooth pick to pun them but I dont know if it would affect cooking. I will have to check them with the thermometer as the bird cooks.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Each time you make one, the experience makes the next one better.

Wings can be folded underneath the birds to protect them. You can also foil cap legs or breasts if they start getting too brown. Make sure to measure your temps in multiple locations because undercooked birds can lead to a couple of not fun days. If you see any red "juice", get the bird back on the grill/oven.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
How many hours did the turkey get before the oven?

Sadly was only like 30 minutes. I didnt get really any smoke flavor. I dont know what happened but the unit would not turn on with the power button or remote. I tried it tonight and it turned on. I am assuming water from the snow got somewhere it shouldn't have.

IMG_0494.jpg

Reactions: Flyn

Thread Info