đź’¬ OT TCG Florida crew, assemble!

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I didn't know about this. I know the wife's boss, the CFO, just bought a 2nd house/retirement house in Florida. I've been trying to push the FL idea to her, maybe that will help push her in that direction of moving! There are plenty of hospitals in Florida, I'm sure I can find an equivalent job there if I can't go full remote while working at the current hospital in IL.

read up on the program “ bright futures “ and as for hospitals Sarasota is opening up a second full hospital by me in Venice and then a third is planned for the north port area in the next 5-7 years.

jobs if you have a good skill set, you can find a job down here, in sales, or service/trade plenty of openings, and work from home is helping out with more remote jobs, last Friday I was contacted by Allstate on my LinkedIn asking if I would like to be a field / virtual adjuster for collision, pay is good for what it entails, open to listening but like my realtor gig, but I just might double dip and do both…as I’m greedy for that money. Lol

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Yeah, Sarasota hospital is one of the better ones. I would skip the Port Charlotte crap hospitals and go up there if I need care. Tampa General is also very good. My younger daughter started her nursing career there and speaks highly of it. She's a travel nurse now so she has been to many and thinks it's the best.

That's good news for Venice and North Port. I sell homes in both of those cities and they can use a good hospital.

Reactions: frank

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Dude cant one of your many local friends drive it down to meet the truck for you?

I didn't want to bother anyone with that...especially since it's during the work week. Besides, I'm paying good money for door-to-door service. They better give me a partial credit if I need to drive the car to them.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
read up on the program “ bright futures “ and as for hospitals Sarasota is opening up a second full hospital by me in Venice and then a third is planned for the north port area in the next 5-7 years.

jobs if you have a good skill set, you can find a job down here, in sales, or service/trade plenty of openings, and work from home is helping out with more remote jobs, last Friday I was contacted by Allstate on my LinkedIn asking if I would like to be a field / virtual adjuster for collision, pay is good for what it entails, open to listening but like my realtor gig, but I just might double dip and do both…as I’m greedy for that money. Lol

Yeah, I googled it yesterday. I think it'll be a few years until I can convince her to move. Kids are going into 6th grade this year so we have a little bit of time.

I'll have to look into Sarasota hospital. My hospital career here started with the old Hinsdale Adventist Hospital as it was transitioning to AMITA Health. Advent Health in Florida was the parent company to Adventist, so I'd prefer to stay away from that company. I'm currently a Revenue Cycle Analyst, I've been a data analyst in the past, so data and reporting is where my skills are at.

One of the managers who worked at Hinsdale "quit" and moved to Jacksonville, but ended up staying on in a different role working remote while I was at AMITA. At my current hospital, I have heard they are looking into letting folks who are full remote move out of state. RIght now it's not possible, but if COVID is the new norm, then I can't see a world where remote work isn't more open to folks.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yeah, I googled it yesterday. I think it'll be a few years until I can convince her to move. Kids are going into 6th grade this year so we have a little bit of time.

I'll have to look into Sarasota hospital. My hospital career here started with the old Hinsdale Adventist Hospital as it was transitioning to AMITA Health. Advent Health in Florida was the parent company to Adventist, so I'd prefer to stay away from that company. I'm currently a Revenue Cycle Analyst, I've been a data analyst in the past, so data and reporting is where my skills are at.

One of the managers who worked at Hinsdale "quit" and moved to Jacksonville, but ended up staying on in a different role working remote while I was at AMITA. At my current hospital, I have heard they are looking into letting folks who are full remote move out of state. RIght now it's not possible, but if COVID is the new norm, then I can't see a world where remote work isn't more open to folks.

Im guessing you’re in administration? My wife is a RN and it would be a bit difficult to work remote. My wife and I have a 10 year plan to buy a second home in the Naples area, but would also consider moving down there full time. I can work anywhere literally with an internet connection and she would probably be in high demand as she is an oncology nurse. She would have to look into how to transfer or apply for a new Florida license, but I’m sure that’s pretty easy.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Im guessing you’re in administration? My wife is a RN and it would be a bit difficult to work remote. My wife and I have a 10 year plan to buy a second home in the Naples area, but would also consider moving down there full time. I can work anywhere literally with an internet connection and she would probably be in high demand as she is an oncology nurse. She would have to look into how to transfer or apply for a new Florida license, but I’m sure that’s pretty easy.

Yeah, technically I'd say I'm in Administration. I know my boss, the VP of Revenue Cycle meets with Administration all the time and uses my reports in the meetings with them. I deal with revenue, payments and denials. I at remote 4 days a week (by choice) and could easily do my job anywhere with an internet connection.

I was a data analyst for a nursing school in the past, so I have always been healthcare adjacent for most of my career!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
I would not recommend a time share to any of my customers. Imagine owning a mansion with 25 other people. Then 15 of them get tired of paying rising HOA and other fees and abandon the home with you and the remaining 10 people responsible for all the bills and upkeep. There are actually companies that help people get out of time shares because people can't sell them easily.

Reactions: frank and Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
what about renting one instead of a hotel while on vacation in FL?
Personally I'd go the AirBnB route vs renting a time share. Unless your renting a time share on a resort, then thats a different story.
We have rented a few very nice AirBnB's in both the Miami and Orlando areas. Prices werent bad either.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Want to give me a job too?? :ROFLMAO: Honestly I'd love to quit my job and try flipping houses in the FL.
I have a customer that is doing this right now, I sold two homes to them recently, they are currently rehabbing one and waiting to close on the next one, then we will then re-list and make some money. Flipping is still happening, but starting to see more empty lot flipping happening by me in Venice / nokomis/ osprey/ englewood / north port. Lots are cheap at times and will take all the sales, volume listings lol

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Florida crew checking in - on our way to the Bahamas, we decided to stay in west palm beach.

We stopped over in Jupiter also for a quick view as we need to come back with our scuba / snorkel gear as the water was amazing. Went to the light point which is still a working lighthouse, , few pics of the water and a pic from the top.

ACS_4785.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

ACS_4799.jpeg

ACS_4791.jpeg

ACS_4790.jpeg

ACS_4788.jpeg

ACS_4786.jpeg

ACS_4789.jpeg

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
My wife wants us to retire to the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. I'm about 5 years out now max. We've been going there every March for several days and love it but I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with the constant heat all the time. I like being out in the garage. Hate when it's 80+ here and I'm in there. We half ass look at homes for sale every once in a while. Crazy how hot that market is.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
My wife wants us to retire to the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. I'm about 5 years out now max. We've been going there every March for several days and love it but I'm not sure I'd be able to deal with the constant heat all the time. I like being out in the garage. Hate when it's 80+ here and I'm in there. We half as look at homes for sale every once in a while. Crazy how hot that market is.
the summer months June, July and August are hot, this summer has been the hottest in some time, the normal summer season temps are great, last few summers midwest had higher daily temps then us, but working out in the garage in the summer months is terrible at times, come September / October to May you have some of the best weather. Shorts and tshirts

Reactions: Flyn and Unitsn4

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Winters are beautiful. As Frank says, this summer has been hot and humid. I have 2 fans on my lanai pointed at me in the covered area. Air circulation helps. The pool is 10 feet away and the A/C is less than that. Once you get used to the Florida heat, it's fairly easy to cope. I like being outside so I pull my shirt off and grab a cold drink.

Reactions: frank

Thread Info