I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
1629125412350.gif

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'd also like to hear about some must-see's in the area. We went to Anna Marie Island. We really enjoyed it. The beach seemed much less crowed than Lido. Parking was horrendous and the beach was super-crowded. We haven't made our way to Clearwater yet. We've just gotten most of the house unpacked and are still making space in the garage for some cars.

Reactions: frank

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
We went to Clearwater Beach a few years ago and it was an amazing place to visit. We had another trip booked for April/May of 2020 and thanks to covid, we were able to cancel that trip and get all our $ back from airfare/hotel. We stayed at the Pier Hour 60 right on the beach.

Kids loved the Aquarium out there and it was just nice to be there. A place I would love to retire to or even work remotely from. Granted, we'd probably not be able to afford anything near the beach, but it would still be nice. Oh and no fucking winter/salt, count me in!

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Florida crew checking in here, I reside in the Sarasota / Venice area.

So much to see and do on the west coast of Florida from bike & hiking trails, preserves, parks, boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, wind surfing, snorkeling, scuba, beaching, gator spotting, air boat rides, etc…

a few hour drive up or down the coast so much to do and see, few hours you are in the keys or the east coast of the state.

kinda upset as haven’t seen any Florida man shenanigans, most of those are on the east coast of Florida.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
We went to Clearwater Beach a few years ago and it was an amazing place to visit. We had another trip booked for April/May of 2020 and thanks to covid, we were able to cancel that trip and get all our $ back from airfare/hotel. We stayed at the Pier Hour 60 right on the beach.

Kids loved the Aquarium out there and it was just nice to be there. A place I would love to retire to or even work remotely from. Granted, we'd probably not be able to afford anything near the beach, but it would still be nice. Oh and no fucking winter/salt, count me in!
Would be surprised what one could afford near the beach, I’m about 4 miles away from the beach, with a good amount of affordable homes in the area, some homes are even closer to the beaches that are affordable. just have to leave behind the Midwest home styles as in two floor, basement, 3000sq ft etc…

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Would be surprised what one could afford near the beach, I’m about 4 miles away from the beach, with a good amount of affordable homes in the area, some homes are even closer to the beaches that are affordable. just have to leave behind the Midwest home styles as in two floor, basement, 3000sq ft etc…

I like my 3200 sq ft finisheded basement 3 car garage here in snow-ville!

With no kids, I could easily give up that space for the Salt Life!

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I like my 3200 sq ft finisheded basement 3 car garage here in snow-ville!

With no kids, I could easily give up that space for the Salt Life!

I hear ya! 3/2 2200sqft, 3 car garage, pool etc. here. Only miss the basement due to the lack of storage. We purged a good amount with the move.

We also made the move for schooling, high school is a top school in the state, and after high school our kids will be part of bright futures which is 85-95% tuition cover by the state of Florida to attend a in state college. Some times depending on grades and sports can get a rebate as our friends daughter who will be receiving $2900.00 per semister for attending a in state college .

Reactions: Shawn1112

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I hear ya! 3/2 2200sqft, 3 car garage, pool etc. here. Only miss the basement due to the lack of storage. We purged a good amount with the move.

We also made the move for schooling, high school is a top school in the state, and after high school our kids will be part of bright futures which is 85-95% tuition cover by the state of Florida to attend a in state college. Some times depending on grades and sports can get a rebate as our friends daughter who will be receiving $2900.00 per semister for attending a in state college .

I didn't know about this. I know the wife's boss, the CFO, just bought a 2nd house/retirement house in Florida. I've been trying to push the FL idea to her, maybe that will help push her in that direction of moving! There are plenty of hospitals in Florida, I'm sure I can find an equivalent job there if I can't go full remote while working at the current hospital in IL.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
The more I visit the Tampa area/Gulf side, the more I'd love to live down there. Sarasota, Siesta Key, St. Pete. Clearwater, Punta Gorda all cool places. We're going to Marco in November.
That's my real estate territory so if you send me a PM when you are ready to buy/rent I will be happy to help you find a great place. Down here, we call it the "Sun Coast".

Reactions: blue-sun

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The carrier called my step-dad and said they don't think they can get the truck on their side street. They suggested my almost 80yo step-dad to drive the car to them a few miles down the road. He hasn't driven a manual car likely since the 70's/80's. Then they suggest that my step-dad give the driver a ride to the house to pick up the Mustang and he'll take it back to the truck. I'm not comfortable with that for two reasons, number one being my higher-risk step-dad riding with a total stranger. And the second concern being the driver just beating the shit out of my car all the way to the truck. I should have put the valet tune on the car before I left IL. Of course at that point, I was still going to come back and get it.

I paid for door-to-door service. I told the broker to find someone else that can do it, or refund my deposit.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
The carrier called my step-dad and said they don't think they can get the truck on their side street. They suggested my almost 80yo step-dad to drive the car to them a few miles down the road. He hasn't driven a manual car likely since the 70's/80's. Then they suggest that my step-dad give the driver a ride to the house to pick up the Mustang and he'll take it back to the truck. I'm not comfortable with that for two reasons, number one being my higher-risk step-dad riding with a total stranger. And the second concern being the driver just beating the shit out of my car all the way to the truck. I should have put the valet tune on the car before I left IL. Of course at that point, I was still going to come back and get it.

I paid for door-to-door service. I told the broker to find someone else that can do it, or refund my deposit.

Dude cant one of your many local friends drive it down to meet the truck for you?

Reactions: Shawn1112

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Just putting this post in here to see who we all have down south. I know there are a handful.

The Mustang should finally be making its way down here by the 24th.

Going fully remote and moving to Hilton Head this week. Was initially told we couldn’t do FL remote working, but that just changed last week... but we’re sold on the LowCountry and ready to get out of the DC area.

Reactions: 1quick

Thread Info