đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Just used carpro Hydro2 for the first time.

Fucking Amazing!

Tested it on my non ceramic coated white car and it worked perfectly. So slick. Seems to have filled some super fine scratches as well.

Going to do my ceramic coated black truck now.

I love that shit and use it all the time when I need a quick topper. So easy to use and its actually effective. Just got a new bottle in fact cuz I almost ran out

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
blue-sun blue-sun Dirty wheel water!!!!!!!!!!

F2p5KuP.jpg

gave the car a normal foam/2 bucket wash to get all the grime and dirt off of it from this weeks rain and dust storms, then went back over the car w/ my clay mitt, and I could definitely feel it lifting stuff off the paint, so apparently it really needed that, and then I went back over the car again w/ the strip wash to try and remove whatever I can before the polishing begins tomorrow. Christ it is HOT out. and its not gonna be any better in the garage tomorrow

Reactions: blue-sun

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got hood, roof, and trunklid polished. Just inside now to cool off and get some fluids in me. Id like to at least get 1 side of the car done today before I call it quits (or pass out from heat exhaustion) Then tomorrow all I would have is the other side, front and rear bumpers, and misc areas I'd need to hit w/ the small pad. As long as I get out there before 2 oclock tomorrow, unlike today, it might be possible. Might have to put F1 on hold tomorrow until I get more work done on the car. Cuz if i watch F1 first, I don't think its gonna happen :LOL: I re-ordered the ceramic slam yesterday, and it was delivered today, so at least I have that now. I asked amazon for a refund on my other order since it still hasn't been delivered yet.

Even if I don't get everything polished tomorrow I can still finish up on Monday while I'm coating the car. You can layer the ceramic slam so I'll probably do at least 2 coats of it. Thought about putting a topper on also like some beadmaker, or adams graphene ceramic spray coating, or some Reload, but I kinda wanna see how this stuff does on its own first

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I love 3D One

YkX3Jw3.jpg

It's not perfect, but I'm not going for perfection. Still looks SO much better than it did. Just gotta do the other side, front and rear bumpers, and misc small bits tomorrow
I’m looking for a one step polish with some correction ability. What’s your method for using this stuff? Are you using two different pads?

Reactions: smug and blue-sun

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I’m looking for a one step polish with some correction ability. What’s your method for using this stuff? Are you using two different pads?

Im just using uro fiber microfiber pads, and basically one and half passes per panel (up-down/left-right/up-down) Doesn't get out any deep imperfections but takes about 90% of the surfaces marks and swirls. It's quite easy to work with.

Need to to get my ass out there and get back at it

Reactions: greasy and DanJ

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Other side of the car done

#glamorshot

XHND40q.jpg

The only before/after pic Ive bothered to take

V91jvL1.jpg

pyLt4rt.jpg

God I hope im in the homestretch now :ROFLMAO: just came in to cool off, put some dry clothes on and get some pizza and monster in me. Now I will get back out. Must finish polishing this today so I can get it coated tomorrow. I did get out there earlier today than yesterday, but still not super early. I dont care tho :LOL: I'm off work, Im supposed to sleep in. Still havent watched F1 yet, but I may have been exposed to a couple spoilers already, despite my attempt to ignore them (not from here, ive got the F1 thread on ignore right now)

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Car is polished. And I'm wiped :LOL: But the hard parts over now. Tomorrow i'll hit the car w/ some panel wipe and then get it coated, and this will all be over

I think I can finally talk about the shame I've been hiding. I always talk about how this hellscape eats cars alive out here. We may not have to deal with rust or any of that other junk out here, but this is not the place to live if you value paint. And to prove that, I present to you my front bumper, which for some time now has been shedding clearcoat like there's no tomorrow.

Up9sGix.jpg

Even w/ all the shit I do to protect this car and keep it clean, this kinda stuff just cant be avoided out here, at least on a daily thats outside every day. I've got another spot thats been growing on my rear bumper as well. And a couple other little areas that are starting. Here's the best I could do with it

uJjdiRX.jpg

And this was my pad afterwords

rVfHwHp.jpg

Hopefully once the coating is on it'll help a LITTLE bit, but theres no stopping it now. I've watched vids of people wet sanding and re-clearing w/ a spray can and "fixing" peeling clearcoat, but I dont know if I've got the confidence to do something like myself yet :LOL:

Just the way it goes out here, especially w/ a red fucking car. Makes me wonder why I even bother sometimes

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Got the car all wiped down w/ panel wipe and got the 1st coat of the ceramic slam on. This stuff goes on easy and BARELY hazes at all. Most of the videos i watched said a little goes a long way, but i still think im probably using more than I need cuz I cant tell if its going on the paint or not :ROFLMAO: After I let it sit for the 5 minute cure time (per the instructions) it doesnt even look like theres anything to wipe off the car, but when I do wipe it I can immediately feel that the paint is so much slicker. Its been sitting for about an hour now so its time to go back out and get a 2nd coat on. This stuff has been SUPER easy to work with so far, now we'll see how well it protects.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
2 coats and I'm done.

TLIUkVO.jpg

i3VCYnf.jpg

NHy4TXl.jpg

zVZDizm.jpg

I gotta say this stuff was definitely easy to work with, and even had a pleasant scent! (its just everything else that fucking sucks :LOL: ) Now we'll see how well it holds up against satans asshole.

I wish I would have weighed myself at the start of this weekend. I'm sure I lost a decent amount in sweat this weekend :LOL: christ.

Milhouse

Addict
Jan 5, 2017
Even more praise for Carpro Hydro2 today.
Quick washed my mother in laws car. This thing sees a soft cloth tunnel wash maybe 3x a year and that’s it.
I figured this was a great test for Hydro2.

Foam cannoned with CG maxi suds soap. Quickly hit it with the wash mitt and rinsed. Took forever to rinse cause the paint is so neglected everything just sticks.

Sprayed with Hydro2 and rinsed.

Paint is glossy AF and beads like nobody’s business.

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Boy I sure am glad im not a cynical person that feels like I only exist so that someone or something can just fuck with me for their own amusement.

Go to leave for work this morning, pull the bmw out of the garage for the first time in 4 days, and IMMEDIATELY see little drops falling on my windshield. Look up and there is one fucking cloud over my house. so I try to skedaddle away from my house as quick as I can to outrun the cloud, but that FUCKER must've followed me to work, because when I went to leave this afternoon, there were spots all over my car and windows. Way more than what fell on it at my house that morning. And I dont know when the fuck that happened because any time I looked outside today it was sunny and there were no clouds to be seen.

But again, I totally don't feel like I'm being fucked with and my life is definitely not some big joke to someone.

Mixed up some wolfgangs si02 rinseless in a spray bottle and gave the car a quick wipedown once i got home. It cleaned up easily enough, so that was nice. But fresh coating or not I definitely didnt wanna leave it fucking spotted up so the sun could bake all that shit into my freshly polished paint.

TLDR:

film-filmproduction.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Boy I sure am glad im not a cynical person that feels like I only exist so that someone or something can just fuck with me for their own amusement.

Go to leave for work this morning, pull the bmw out of the garage for the first time in 4 days, and IMMEDIATELY see little drops falling on my windshield. Look up and there is one fucking cloud over my house. so I try to skedaddle away from my house as quick as I can to outrun the cloud, but that FUCKER must've followed me to work, because when I went to leave this afternoon, there were spots all over my car and windows. Way more than what fell on it at my house that morning. And I dont know when the fuck that happened because any time I looked outside today it was sunny and there were no clouds to be seen.

But again, I totally don't feel like I'm being fucked with and my life is definitely not some big joke to someone.

Mixed up some wolfgangs si02 rinseless in a spray bottle and gave the car a quick wipedown once i got home. It cleaned up easily enough, so that was nice. But fresh coating or not I definitely didnt wanna leave it fucking spotted up so the sun could bake all that shit into my freshly polished paint.

TLDR:

film-filmproduction.gif
I used to have a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 in that sweet Sapphire Blue. Spent a day giving it a good clean and wax (before I knew much), and thought it looked damn good, which it did. I went down to my dad's that weekend and left the car parked in front, in the shade. We went out on the ATV's to hit up the fire trails and didn't get back until dark.

The next morning I went outside to get something and my car looked like it had the chicken pox and someone covered every dot with calamine lotion. Couldn't figure out WTF happened. Turns out the step-mom decided to water her plants with their well water, which is very very hard. Then the sun came around and baked the car. I was pissed.

Ended up having to take it to a detail shop over in STC to get it all cleaned up, since I didn't have the tools, skills, or knowledge on how to do it.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
I used to have a 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 in that sweet Sapphire Blue. Spent a day giving it a good clean and wax (before I knew much), and thought it looked damn good, which it did. I went down to my dad's that weekend and left the car parked in front, in the shade. We went out on the ATV's to hit up the fire trails and didn't get back until dark.

The next morning I went outside to get something and my car looked like it had the chicken pox and someone covered every dot with calamine lotion. Couldn't figure out WTF happened. Turns out the step-mom decided to water her plants with their well water, which is very very hard. Then the sun came around and baked the car. I was pissed.

Ended up having to take it to a detail shop over in STC to get it all cleaned up, since I didn't have the tools, skills, or knowledge on how to do it.

images

I would've given step mom a 20 yard head start

Thread Info