SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Big Money GIF by ANTIQUES ROADSHOW | PBS
How much were those lug nuts?

But yeah, I'm sure you can find the same thing at a cheaper price. Griots is good on pricing for the chemicals, but their accessories are priced too high.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
That sucks about that spray wax. I have used it a couple of times and while I don’t find it easy to use, I didn’t get a haze. I prefer the paste wax version of the fuzion. I also don’t use it as a drying aide

It says in the directions that you can use it on wet pain as a drying aid. I know less is more with this stuff, but I’m not sure how I could have used less. Oh well, I know better for next time.

Reactions: SleeperLS

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
This is what I fucking mean. I just wiped the entire rear with diluted SiO2. I swiped my thumb across afterwards. I haven’t even done the wheels or interior yet because of this shit. What a waste of fucking time

Good lord almighty

View attachment 124852
Look out!! Dude behind you taking a pic of you taking a pic!!!

• Wow
Reactions: greasy

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020

I do love their Si02 Rinseless Wash

Reactions: IDAFC21

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

I need to get some more of that. I'm almost out

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007

You turned me onto this stuff and it is simply PHENOMENAL!!! I love it!!!

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Don’t feel too bad. I cleaned/clayed/polished the windshield on the truck to do the windshield sealant, since it was cool and overcast.

I was on the second stage of the griots (apply, let it haze, then apply again, haze, remove) when I came inside to deal with something (a turtle head poking out). Went back out and the sun had come out. Baked the sealant. ?

The windshield is hard to get pressure on due to the height and angle. Spent an hour with different microfiber towels and no sooner than it appeared to be removed it would haze right back up.

I got lucky in that a few sprays of the speed shine was enough to wet it and not compromise the sealant, in that I could then wipe it off. My shoulders were screaming in pain after all that.

Reactions: blue-sun

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I always use Griots Speed Shine and Meguiars quick detailer.

Even though I don’t have a true ceramic coat on the vehicles I switched over to their ceramic speed shine and their ceramic wash. The vehicles do have their ceramic spray wax, which is ok. The shine and wash help maintain the slickness.

I picked up their foaming sprayer (pressure washer) with surface prep to redo the car. Also got the new 3-in-1 ceramic wax to try out.

I’m planning on doing that Sunday or Monday morning.

Reactions: IDAFC21 and Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Even though I don’t have a true ceramic coat on the vehicles I switched over to their ceramic speed shine and their ceramic wash. The vehicles do have their ceramic spray wax, which is ok. The shine and wash help maintain the slickness.

I picked up their foaming sprayer (pressure washer) with surface prep to redo the car. Also got the new 3-in-1 ceramic wax to try out.

I’m planning on doing that Sunday or Monday morning.
I’ll have to try that ceramic speed shine.

Griot’s Garage used to have the most expensive detailing products but they’re all expensive now. Lol

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’ll have to try that ceramic speed shine.

Griot’s Garage used to have the most expensive detailing products but they’re all expensive now. Lol
Yeah, they did, but either they’ve kept their cost stable, or everyone else caught up.

I’ve found that of their products do go quite far. So I’m not buying any one thing frequently.

I did try their ceramic window cleaner but not real happy with it. However I’m not using a disposable towel like they suggest, so that might be part of it. The ceramic Speed Shine does a nice job on the windows IF you make sure you use the dry side of the towel to buff it down. Otherwise you get a hazing. Works great when there’s bird shit and dead bugs.

Reactions: Marko

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
It’s infuriating. I normally use Duragloss Aquawax and it works great. I washed the car and to have to go through this level of cleaning after I hand wash pisses me the fuck off. I going over the entire car with SiO2 diluted down a ton and I’m steal having trouble removing all of this wax. I may have to go to a diluted Optimum Paint Prep to get this shit off of the car.

Also the water at my new place is shit, hard as fuck. I didn’t let the water dry on the car at all and I still have hard water spots.

I’m bout to light this bitch on fire.

Destroy Burn It Down GIF by Nicole
I wonder if it’s the water. My parents house had well water and that was always a struggle. I had to use diluted vinegar on the windows every wash. I’ve always liked D156 as a drying aid the most. Used bead maker today and definitely needed a second pass with a second drying towel for streaks.

Reactions: greasy

Thread Info