Sweet market adjustment value

Spectragod

Addict
Reaction score
Reminds me of my dealership repeatedly calling me wanting my Raptor, I told them if they would give me KBB trade value I would sell, of course that price was 78k, the dealer said that price was absurd, I reminded them that they didn’t mind selling these trucks used for 90k, so if they wanted it, they would have to pay adjusted seller markup....... I think I made them mad, lolz

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
Is that supposed to be displayed? Lmao

Spectragod

Addict
Reaction score
Wonder what Carvana, vroom, driveway, or CarMax would give in trade in value? 75k? Lol
Everyone is 70k or less, but a lot of the pricing is based off location, I believe vroom has some of the best offers out there, but they were only 66k on my raptor.

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s basically the Fox suspension. Not worth it if you are going to lift it more.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
The market is nuts with used that dealers are marking up the new ones. U get top dollar for your trade and pay up for what u buy. But 20k is just dumb and stupid but I bet they sell it close to that.

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Went with the wife to look at a used hybrid Rav 4. I asked the guy how much they were asking…47k. I proceeded to laugh at him and told him if he wanted to sell it then he would have to knock 20k off of what they are asking. Insane right now.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yup, my gf wanted to buy a new Kia Sorento this summer

1. You can't find them on lots.
2. They are over MSRP.

Whoever is buying cars right now is retarded.
We both got new cars in the last 3 months. We got the GTI for a steal. We probably paid a bit too much for the Explorer ST, but I had equity in the Jetta GLI that I traded in for the GTI and the wife's Edge ST did not have equity, but we also got what we owed for it. I had been watching the carvana/vroom values on the Edge ST and when it got up to what we owed, we jumped on the chance to dump it.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yup that doesn’t surprise me. this market is just crazy. wife and I were thinking of getting a 2nd car since we have a rather large garage now and have only 1 car but after looking at the prices… fuck that. New cars all over MSRP used newer cars selling at MSRP old used cars selling for 2x the KBB values. So yeah I’m shipping my grandpa’s old 03 mercury grand Marquis from Florida instead.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
This covid markup crap is stupid. I don't see legit reason's for mark up on half this stuff other than because they can and people will still pay.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Had a body shop add +$70 for "covid 19 cleanup fee" on a estimate. I'm sorry but your shop is not spending any additional time cleaning my car because of covid. If they are, a quick wipe down of commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant does not cost $70 and should probably be done as a curtesy anyway.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I saw this thread title, expected to come in and see a used Chevrolet SS going for $15k more than you could've bought one new back in the day.

WhiteKnuckleScat

Mopowah Baby!!
Donating Member
Reaction score
So basically, good time to dump a car, sit on the cash till things calm down. Dodge offered me $5k more for my car than I paid for it almost two years ago. But the pricing they gave me on a new was stupid. Don’t think he wanted to disclose the actual purchase price but the finance numbers where so out of line I just walked and went to work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom