Elgin
Real Name
Mike
1626237397882.png

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Reminds me of my dealership repeatedly calling me wanting my Raptor, I told them if they would give me KBB trade value I would sell, of course that price was 78k, the dealer said that price was absurd, I reminded them that they didn’t mind selling these trucks used for 90k, so if they wanted it, they would have to pay adjusted seller markup....... I think I made them mad, lolz

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Yup, my gf wanted to buy a new Kia Sorento this summer

1. You can't find them on lots.
2. They are over MSRP.

Whoever is buying cars right now is retarded.

We both got new cars in the last 3 months. We got the GTI for a steal. We probably paid a bit too much for the Explorer ST, but I had equity in the Jetta GLI that I traded in for the GTI and the wife's Edge ST did not have equity, but we also got what we owed for it. I had been watching the carvana/vroom values on the Edge ST and when it got up to what we owed, we jumped on the chance to dump it.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Yup that doesn’t surprise me. this market is just crazy. wife and I were thinking of getting a 2nd car since we have a rather large garage now and have only 1 car but after looking at the prices… fuck that. New cars all over MSRP used newer cars selling at MSRP old used cars selling for 2x the KBB values. So yeah I’m shipping my grandpa’s old 03 mercury grand Marquis from Florida instead.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Had a body shop add +$70 for "covid 19 cleanup fee" on a estimate. I'm sorry but your shop is not spending any additional time cleaning my car because of covid. If they are, a quick wipe down of commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant does not cost $70 and should probably be done as a curtesy anyway.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
So basically, good time to dump a car, sit on the cash till things calm down. Dodge offered me $5k more for my car than I paid for it almost two years ago. But the pricing they gave me on a new was stupid. Don’t think he wanted to disclose the actual purchase price but the finance numbers where so out of line I just walked and went to work.

Reactions: Marko
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info