Drag to reposition cover

suicide solstice

turtleman

Reaction score
the spiritual replacement for el tortuga (I will be slowly dismantling that car now - the failed head gasket at the track day makes it official)

suicide hood! suicide trunk!

the sweet mark IV supra knockoff dash and hella bent antenna

will james fit??

like a glove!

and when you pull the door handle, it springs open like the cabin was full of water and james pours right out onto the ground

then there's this thing

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
what the whaaaaaat

Oh man. I am ready for this journey.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

Jfrost

Fiero's are addicting
Reaction score
Always wanted to do but am too tall to fit comfortably in the convertibles, the coupes are a bit better. Can’t wait to see the progress picks!!

OP
turtleman

turtleman

Reaction score
Always wanted to do but am too tall to fit comfortably in the convertibles, the coupes are a bit better. Can’t wait to see the progress picks!!
just take away "comfortably" and the problem is gone. My saab 9-2x seems like an escalade after driving this green clown shoe for a couple days.

I still need to gather some bits for the drivetrain swap and get a handle on el tortuga first. Black friday might actually make a difference to something of mine this year, who knows. In the meantime I'm trying to kinda go through the car and figure it out a little bit and fix things. I bought it totally sight-unseen from phoenix AZ.

stock engine compartment (complete with a bucket of dealership detailing grease all over everything in sight)
It doesn't look like a v8 should fit in this thing at all

but you start pulling just the unnecessary stuff off and you can see frame rails and pretty much anything in there can be moved quite easily

There was an enormous growth coming off the intake that needed to go

which means I need to plug the hole with something

and I did leave enough meat in the center to drill and tap in a fogger nozzle just in case
it'll hopefully find its way to another 2.4L ecotec owner in the future

just stuff I've pulled out of the car so far. Had a factory xm tuner and an aftermarket sirius tuner which needs two modules for some reason?
grams and grams of weight reduction!

Jfrost

Fiero's are addicting
Reaction score
So what’s your plan drivetrain wise? I remember the Hot Rod article documenting there LS swap on one of these. If I recall correct, they used the rear diff out of a CTSV, same with the axles, and LS7 exhaust manifolds to fit in the frame rails. You planning to make your own motor mounts?

OP
turtleman

turtleman

Reaction score
So what’s your plan drivetrain wise? I remember the Hot Rod article documenting there LS swap on one of these. If I recall correct, they used the rear diff out of a CTSV, same with the axles, and LS7 exhaust manifolds to fit in the frame rails. You planning to make your own motor mounts?
:LOL: plan

The rear end assembly does swap with the cts-v but i'm gonna keep the stock one as long as it survives. It's a 3.91 LSD.
I know somebody sells some bracing that I assume helps with keeping them together with extra power. I'll probably get carried away and forget about that
I've got mounts already to bolt the LS3 and TR6060 right in supposedly

I still need to get a driveshaft for the tremec gearbox
The LS3 camaro exhaust manifolds I have should fit in there fine. I'm gonna have to make something up for the exhaust.
I'm just gonna have to kinda play it by ear with accessories and stuff. I already know that any a/c is a bunch of custom shit to do so that's gonna have to wait till the future if ever.
Cts-v stuff is what people say has the best clearance for things. It doesn't seem that much different than the camaro ls3 parts other than the remote p/s bottle. I'm gonna try to make/mod what I have to work if possible.
I might need a C6 vette oil pan - hard to say until i'm fitting the motor in the car.
definitely want to get a stock c6 ls7 intake box

I believe I've got all the info here I need to wire it.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
There was a guy awhile back (and I'm sure it's more common now), that took an entire LSA drivetrain out of a CTS-V, along with many other parts, and converted it to his Saturn Sky. Absolutely freaking evil.

I just can't find it now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom