🔧 BUILD suicide solstice

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid

Just a quick little test vid so i could find out how windy the new gopro gets mounted there. also proves shes driving all fine and exhaust is pretty good - needs some final welding.
About 3:00 in, you can kinda see how it bucks at low rpm cruising because of the big cam. Once we actually get it tuned on the hub dyno, i'll go in there and start playing with spark advance and stuff to see if maybe i can get rid of that. It'd be really nice to be able to use that 1500-1800rpm area for cruising below the droney speeds.
I should have gotten some action when me and ian were goin hard in it on north ave but i had already killed my gopro battery taping chess games :ROFLMAO: :geek: IDIOT
Overall though she's doin pretty good. I gotta put her away and get some things done on the white whale for the 3800 gathering trip now. It's just a few weeks away and I've been slackin on that. Oh also need to take it for emissions tomorrow morning..

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I'm kinda getting tired of driving my jalopies long distance. The Camaro would be a no brainer if it had AC, but I'd still have to plan the trip around E85 stations. The GN is kind of an investment that I kinda want to cash out. Putting another 700 miles on it doesn't sit right with me. I might be getting a truck really soon, but I'd have to rent a trailer. I've also never towed anything in my life.

turtleman

Addict
Sep 6, 2009
Villa Park, IL
Real Name
covid
Oh there's definitely some matters that I probably won't even fix but that's just how I roll, historically speaking. The front tires on the riv are old af and not balanced so they can shake at certain speeds. The drone of the exhaust is pretty punishing at the diligent highway speeds but that's the bed I made I guess.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
This mother f***** goes the extra mile to have a functional nearly OEM air conditioning system.

Holds vacuum so he didn't f*** it up.
20220811_171729.jpg

Thread Info