May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
2ltnj3m.gif

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Im being greasy while he is not here. :rofl: No one is going to argue a fwd 3800 is a better performance platform than a c6 or 5.0 mustang, but you gotta respect what they can do for the money. If your too cool to drive a grand prix then more power to ya.

You fucker you got me. Pulled a [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] on me and I fell for it.

:jg:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Talk shit?

:dm:

And yeah I will be very far from stock come the next half mile, so any 3800 that wants some can get some.

And KJ you were like 139 werent you at the half? Thats movin, but still not close to my 146 in the stock vette. Plus my white 5.0GS was trapping 117 at the 1/4 with a tune only. Before that was the Shelby GT500 that was trapping 123 with pully/intake/tune and before that was the 07 C6 with vortech.....trapping 131mph. You were saying??

:dunno:

I think [MENTION=19]Kay Jay[/MENTION] might have meant to also say that MY 3800 beat your car at its own event...

your s/c rwd v8 shop built and tuned was only 1mph faster trapping than my 3.8L fwd sedan built by a chain smoking hillbilly on hopes and dreams?

No one is butt hurt here, no one called your car a pile of rusted out GM trash :rofl:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I think [MENTION=19]Kay Jay[/MENTION] might have meant to also say that MY 3800 beat your car at its own event...

your s/c rwd v8 shop built and tuned was only 1mph faster trapping than my 3.8L fwd sedan built by a chain smoking hillbilly on hopes and dreams?

No one is butt hurt here, no one called your car a pile of rusted out GM trash :rofl:

My s/c rwd v8 shop built and tuned C6 only ran 131 because I babied it off the line, then pedaled 1-3 and finally stood on it in 4th for that mph. Imagine with traction what that trap would have been. I easily spent the first half of every 1/4 run feathering the gas to keep it straight. I knew that putting a tire on that car was a bad idea with the power level. And I was proven right when the new owner of it broke the rear end to bits merging onto 55 with his newly mounted DRs that I told him not to do. $5k later it was driving again under its own power.

So lets not mistake that your 3800 is fast and I respect it. But it would have been NO match for my old 1lt narrow body C6 with headers and the blower kit on it. With a tire and a prayer, it should have been running bottom 10's @134-136.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
My s/c rwd v8 shop built and tuned C6 only ran 131 because I babied it off the line, then pedaled 1-3 and finally stood on it in 4th for that mph. Imagine with traction what that trap would have been. I easily spent the first half of every 1/4 run feathering the gas to keep it straight.

So lets not mistake that your 3800 is fast and I respect it. But it would have been NO match for my old 1lt narrow body C6 with headers and the blower kit on it. With a tire and a prayer, it should have been running bottom 10's @134-136.

Moar ricer excuses :trollface:

Pretty sure senor cocklin has to pedal it to get any traction as well.

If you respect a car, you dont call it a rusted out grocery getter, etc. Also, if they stop breaking shit and get it back together one day, the TR should be running 10s. "Should" doesnt mean shit though, its what you "have" done imho. So what is the fastest time your sc c6 ran?

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
My s/c rwd v8 shop built and tuned C6 only ran 131 because I babied it off the line, then pedaled 1-3 and finally stood on it in 4th for that mph. Imagine with traction what that trap would have been. I easily spent the first half of every 1/4 run feathering the gas to keep it straight. I knew that putting a tire on that car was a bad idea with the power level. And I was proven right when the new owner of it broke the rear end to bits merging onto 55 with his newly mounted DRs that I told him not to do. $5k later it was driving again under its own power.

Oh yea cause I really tore off the line with my 2.0 60' :rofl: ... you think a fwd car just goes straight? Stock they torque steer like crazy

A tire and a long-ass prayer and a whole LOTTA luck with a fwd car and it would run the same times as your old c6 being "pushed". I know it doesn't seem possible that a shit box 15 year old gm fwd with a dino v6 can, but they have and will. Cue KJ and his youtube videos :hsughlol:

Car guys like you are a big reason why I continue to mod my gs and make them go wtf

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Moar ricer excuses :trollface:

Pretty sure senor cocklin has to pedal it to get any traction as well.

If you respect a car, you dont call it a rusted out grocery getter, etc. Also, if they stop breaking shit and get it back together one day, the TR should be running 10s. "Should" doesnt mean shit though, its what you "have" done imho. So what is the fastest time your sc c6 ran?

11.7@131 lol Again this was basically playing 1/3rd throttle through 1/2 the run, then finally catching traction in 4th. That car would spin them on the highway in 4th from a 90 roll easy on the stock tires. Those runflats are a joke. But again I didnt want to chance a broken driveline because I knew I wasnt going to keep it.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh yea cause I really tore off the line with my 2.0 60' :rofl: ... you think a fwd car just goes straight? Stock they torque steer like crazy

A tire and a long-ass prayer and a whole LOTTA luck with a fwd car and it would run the same times as your old c6 being "pushed". I know it doesn't seem possible that a shit box 15 year old gm fwd with a dino v6 can, but they have and will. Cue KJ and his youtube videos :hsughlol:

Car guys like you are a big reason why I continue to mod my gs and make them go wtf

If I said WTF it would be translated to WHO THE FUCK would bother to put all that time and money into a car like that? Seriously get a turd gen like [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] and make it pull wheelies. Why would you want to deal with tq steer from all that power???? It would astonish me for sure, but not for the reasons you are thinking. No offense, but to each his own.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
If I said WTF it would be translated to WHO THE FUCK would bother to put all that time and money into a car like that? Seriously get a turd gen like [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] and make it pull wheelies. Why would you want to deal with tq steer from all that power???? It would astonish me for sure, but not for the reasons you are thinking. No offense, but to each his own.

And I think who the fuck would drop $10-20k or who the hells knows how much a s/c setup from a shop like that costs into a 30-40k car and only runs 11.7s, and then blows up when you try to get onto an onramp to i55.

I put 8k into a 7-8 thousand dollar car (car value prob less :rofl:) and ran faster and have the same problem that it breaks when you put a tire on it, or whenever the guy that built most of it drives it to work.

I'm ahead in that aspect, but we both are fucking morons for doing it.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

No wheelies, wheelies are bad.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
And I think who the fuck would drop $10-20k or who the hells knows how much a s/c setup from a shop like that costs into a 30-40k car and only runs 11.7s, and then blows up when you try to get onto an onramp to i55.

I put 8k into a 7-8 thousand dollar car (car value prob less :rofl:) and ran faster and have the same problem that it breaks when you put a tire on it, or whenever the guy that built most of it drives it to work.

I'm ahead in that aspect, but we both are fucking morons for doing it.

I put 11k miles on that car with the blower, beating the shit out of it. Im sure the rear end was only being held together by dirty gear oil by the time the new owner got it at 13k miles LOL. And all told the car was $47k+$7500 for the blower kit, headers, install and tune. The car still had the stock sealed longblock. Not bad in terms of what it was.

I had similar plans for the GS, but I was sick of C6's after owning it for a while. Plus I needed the back seats now so off it went.

This time around Im doing something completely different with the mustang. Should "goes ok" when done.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Sure makes me feel like I overspent to get my high 11 time slip. With the price of the car and mods, I'm at about $30k.

The 3800's can be made very fast for little money, but I could never get passed the FWD or the awful sound those cars make when they're not parked.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
See, my logic is that if I were to put a sc or turbo on my SS it would be a complete waste if i couldnt afford to build the drivetrain to handle it. It IS a sports car and to put that $ in it to run the same times as stock for fear of breaking it on a tire is even dumber than modding a 3800. At least the way I did it its fairly safe and reliable DD that will surprise some people that try to pass me or what have you. Its also quite hilarious to hear the turbo coming from 97 land yacht.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info