#stockjunk

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
The only time I ever thought 3800's were cool was when I wanted one as a DD while I still had an F-body. Other than that I had a $1000 Monte just because that was what my cousin sold me. I hate these cars with a passion. Even when they were new and kinda of nice there were better options like LT1 F-bodies and fox bodies. Wrong wheel drive is uber ghey.

Inb43rdgensarepilesofshitcomments. Still RWD breh.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I still have yet to even remotely figure out whats the big deal with these cars...... If I wanted a rickety old grocery getter that rides like shit and will rust after one winter, then I would surly pick one up for the $2000 they are all selling for.

For me, I built the last one because when I was 18 I had one and always wanted to turbo a 3.8 for fun, but in general if you know what your doing for really cheap in the overall picture you can make a rocket out of one, a couple grand will buy you a car and enough mods to put in into the 12's, in 2012 I had an idea about a build I wanted to do on my 04 it went from just an idea to 522whp in a few months, car and all mods under 9k it later that year ran in the 11's at 121mph with traction issues and the boost turned down quite a bit, there is another member from Nebraska on here that bought and built a gtp for under 2k that runs 11.80's, I tell everybody the 3800 is an amassing motor that's been proven to handle almost 800whp on stock internals, everything else around the motor on a gtp is less desirable lol

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'd rather have a fast FWD over a slow RWD :dunno:

Fyh9Ev7_zps8f32333f.gif

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I still have yet to even remotely figure out whats the big deal with these cars...... If I wanted a rickety old grocery getter that rides like shit and will rust after one winter, then I would surly pick one up for the $2000 they are all selling for.

This is why we have our own section, so you can take your happy ass to the Ferd section and not even blink an eye towards us.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Factory Supercharger. For a few hundred bucks you could knock a second off your ET. Plus lower insurance than a Mustang or Camaro. Or that was my appeal when I bought mine when I was 19.

I bought my first Grand Prix in 2003 for $6700. It was a 1998 GTP. It had heated leather seats, heads up display, looked amazing (silver mist 2 door coupe, oh yeah) and by that time it was well known that 13's were pretty easily obtained for well under $1000.

Yeah as time has progressed other platforms have caught up with the car and passed it right on by but for time time it was an amazing car for the money. Almost nothing else came close. Even now they're still great cars to modify. They're never going to be canyon carvers but not everyone is after that. Some people love the whole Q ship thing.

I didnt want to start a flame war with anyone. So please disregard my disregard for your 3800s.....

Says he doesn't want to start a flame war. Goes into forum section of car he doesn't like and criticizes it in someone's nostalgic post.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
This is why we have our own section, so you can take your happy ass to the Ferd section and not even blink an eye towards us.

Oh dont worry. I wouldnt even notice kate upton driving one because thats how many eyes I would never blink towards any 3800 ever. I saw Pandas thread and didnt notice it was in the 3800 section because I found it through the new posts option. Once I clicked, I saw the gp and was let down. I thought it was about his vette. I was hoping there was a few pics of his vette proving there is no sleeper cam.....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

cuz my non rusted out not rickety old grocery getter is just as quick as your past 3 RACE CARS have been

:s00ls:

boom :fy:

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Oh dont worry. I wouldnt even notice kate upton driving one because thats how many eyes I would never blink towards any 3800 ever. I saw Pandas thread and didnt notice it was in the 3800 section because I found it through the new posts option. Once I clicked, I saw the gp and was let down. I thought it was about his vette. I was hoping there was a few pics of his vette proving there is no sleeper cam.....

So instead of just exiting you decide to talk shit. cool story

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
So instead of just exiting you decide to talk shit. cool story

Talk shit?

:dm:

And yeah I will be very far from stock come the next half mile, so any 3800 that wants some can get some.

And KJ you were like 139 werent you at the half? Thats movin, but still not close to my 146 in the stock vette. Plus my white 5.0GS was trapping 117 at the 1/4 with a tune only. Before that was the Shelby GT500 that was trapping 123 with pully/intake/tune and before that was the 07 C6 with vortech.....trapping 131mph. You were saying??

:dunno:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Nice trap times, leaves out ET's for a reason?

The ETs were never earth shattering because I never ran on a DR or slick before the 5.0CS and also since. I was always the guy that wanted to match or beat the magazine times on the stock tires. But the trap usually tells the tail about a car's performance no matter what the ET is if you get a clean launch. The first and only time I was on a tire in the white 5.0, I was cutting 1.6-1.7s. But no matter if I was on a tire or not, the ETs were always close.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info