• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Stock 04 GTP times from Byron.

F

fire87z

Well, I took the car to Byron Sunday, and man am I ever happy with the out come. The first run of the day was a [email protected], mind you this is the first time I have ever driven a front wheel drive car at the track. I had a 15.7 and a 15.1 after that. The 15.1 was going to be my last run of the night, but the car felt good on the run and I had to let up to get the tires to stop spining. So I made one more, [email protected] on a 2.1 60'. The car is a white 04 GTP with all the goodies minus the Comp G. Next year I hope to see 13's with only a few little items, seeing as it is the family car. :p

Glasuan

Reaction score
Wow, those are some nice times. Get a chip from Intense, from what I hear about 04's, its the best mod you can do.

VHGTP

Reaction score
Originally posted by Glasuan@Nov 2 2004, 01:20 AM
Wow, those are some nice times.  Get a chip from Intense, from what I hear about 04's, its the best mod you can do.
[snapback]58902[/snapback]​

a chip?? what does a chip do for the 04's??

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Actually, I hear the 04 PCM is more restrictive than the 97-03 PCM. So bigger gains Id say.

horist

Geek
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fish@Nov 2 2004, 03:43 PM
Actually, I hear the 04 PCM is more restrictive than the 97-03 PCM. So bigger gains Id say.
[snapback]58973[/snapback]​

yup... the torque management is a bitch in it... i've never seen a stock previous model PCM (hmmm... though w/my new HPT update I can :D) but the Torque Management in my GTP was tons worse than the TA....

Only thing I don't like is that the 04s don't have a Performance switch option... (no feed into the PCM) ... I wanted to remove Torque Management when in performance mode (which I had incorrectly hoped was tap-shift mode) but leave it for normal driving... to save the transmission...

Not sure about timing and fueling though... haven't delved that far into it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom