• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Squirrels Keep Eating My Shit: F150 Edition

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
My buddy has had his jeeps battery eaten in a similar method and his wiring harness. I know they used some sort of super high pitch noise emitter on top of what you are already doing. Never heard of it until it happened to him. Used to mice running doing this shit.

Is it supposed to emit a sound outside the normal range of human ears? I swear my neighbor has a device and it drives me crazy. I used to think it was some holiday decoration, but it continued throughout the year. It is some super-high pitched noise that I heard in my backyard. I have yet to ask him about it, but it is really obnoxious. It took a while before I could get my wife to hear it as well.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
This shit right here will let them kill themselves... I use it on mice. Works wonders. They eat it like crack, then go back to their nest and die. Bromethalin attacks the central nervous system if I recall.

5322244.jpg

You won't be able to use the Tomcat bait stations as they're too small for squirrels, but pick some place secure in your engine compartment nearby to where they're eating, and set a few of these up. Rinse, lather, repeat. As long as the blocks keep getting eaten, that means they're feasting on it. Being a bigger squirrel it might take a little more than mice, but usually one block contains enough to kill a couple mice. So one or two blocks should take care of a single squirrel.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
This shit right here will let them kill themselves... I use it on mice. Works wonders. They eat it like crack, then go back to their nest and die. Bromethalin attacks the central nervous system if I recall.

5322244.jpg

You won't be able to use the Tomcat bait stations as they're too small for squirrels, but pick some place secure in your engine compartment nearby to where they're eating, and set a few of these up. Rinse, lather, repeat. As long as the blocks keep getting eaten, that means they're feasting on it. Being a bigger squirrel it might take a little more than mice, but usually one block contains enough to kill a couple mice. So one or two blocks should take care of a single squirrel.

But the nest is under his hood. Dead squirrels sitting on his engine. No thanks.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
My fiancé’s father was having the same problem. He caught them in live traps, spray painted their tails bright pink and then drove them out to the country and let them go. The bright pink paint is to see if they come back :rofl:

:rofl: at the paint. Good idea though. I bet they were good eating though.

This video of a squirrel messing with a rat trap always makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sa3lgb_5Aio

That squirrel had the "it hurt like a motherfucker" look on its face.

So, time for a story. My uncle on my mom's side was an electrician who had issues with squirrels getting into his bird feeders. Well, the transformer from an oil burner would always knock his hand away if he brushed up against it. He figured the squirrel would fly off if he electrified the bird feeder then put a funnel above it to be the other electrode. First squirrel that hit that fucker started smoking like a motherfucker, burned his legs off. Said he fed it because he felt bad for it hobbling around his yard. So don't hook an oil burner transformer to your bird feeder to knock the squirrels off.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Nothing a bowl of antifreeze set right by the tire couldnt cure!

https://youtu.be/CdKwO4JPIG8

Just offer to fill the feeder for a few weeks. Then fill with poison. Or hand them your repair bill.

I’ll have a talk with the people, remove feeders, and then poison as a last resort.

Holy shit would this piss me off

Good Luck

Yup not fun.

I dropped the truck off today and the service writer was like weren’t you here for this issue about a month ago? :lol:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
The problem with leaving coolant around though, is if someones pet is out running around (I know, I know, that can be a different story), they drink it, they get poisoned too.

I won't lie, this is how I culled our raccoon problem years back when they'd climb up our Hacienda, get on that roof, then jump over to the roof of the house and be trying to get in to the roof by tearing up the flashing around the roof vents.

So I put a feeder full of coolant up on the hacienda roof where I was sure random cats/dogs weren't going but they were. Between that and my neighbor picking them off with his pellet rifle... :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info