rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
1660259977670.png

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I guess the manufacturers should just do away with cats, and have a proper ecm tune, front O2’s only.

Could you imagine the raw fuel smell everywhere lol
Gotta run the good shit to get that sweet smell after.

The VIN doesn't make sense really honestly, unless you are talking about being able to pull up a DB that shows the shape of the cat. "Why are you trying to sell a Toyota converter and you gave me a GMC VIN."

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Reactions: Pro Stock John

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
That bill helps in the long term but not the short term.

I think if cat sellers had to provide a vin for that 2012 Prius cat it would be a good thing.
Vin numbers are easily read from the outside of a car. Snap a pic and make sure you sell it quick? I don’t get what this does for anti theft.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Cut it off at the head and there will be nobody to buy. Easy as that. Make it illegal to recycle a cat without recycling an entire car.
Literally doesn’t matter if recyclers are willing to take massive amounts of cats from a single person. There was a news article here where they talked to a recycler and he said the cops have never once asked about sellers or asked for copies of ID’s so wgaf

I think part of the key may well be collecting IDs and understanding how many cats are being turned in by whom. Inevitably cats wear out which means that dealers, muffler shops etc. will have them as well. A lack of follow up by authorities shows that maybe better use of laws as they are is in order.

If recyclers already have IDs of people then a follow up of that is key when coupled with shutting down unscrupulous middle men.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info