Drag to reposition cover

BUILD Shawns 1971 Impala Donk

Pro Stock John

That LS1Tech guy
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not aware of any tricks to tuck the wheels in more except playing with camber but then you'll get uneven tire wear.

Can you trim the inside of the fender lips to create more room, that's a trick.

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not aware of any tricks to tuck the wheels in more except playing with camber but then you'll get uneven tire wear.

Can you trim the inside of the fender lips to create more room, that's a trick.
That’s also done with a lot of cars lol. We tried that with my Regal, but only so much you can trim.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Has it had the body mount rubber bushings replaced?
Could they loosen the retaining hardware to the frame and center the wheels in the body? To my uneducated eyes it looks like it may not have the rear of the body centered over the rear end.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Has it had the body mount rubber bushings replaced?
Could they loosen the retaining hardware to the frame and center the wheels in the body? To my uneducated eyes it looks like it may not have the rear of the body centered over the rear end.
I've had to do that before on g-bodys to allow for tire fitment

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Suspension is done and DID NOT have to cut the rear end!!! I'm soooooo fucking glad that didnt need to happen.
Averaged about 80mph and at one point was doing 98mph the whole ride up from Joliet up 355 from route 6. Drove like a dream over all the dips and shit on the road. I'm extremely happy with the way it now sits, 100% how I wanted her to sit. Here are a couple of videos and will follow up with some pics of the underneath.
Waiting on the suspension shop to send me pics he took with a really nice camera.

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
No clue why one of the pics posted 5 times lol

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
That came out real nice. Have you sent pictures to the guy you originally bought it from yet?
LOL, no and not sure I even have his number anymore, might have his email. Funny you mention that, sent pics to my buddy Josh (who found the car for me) down in Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. He called me and we were BSing about my 71 and his 75 he is building. He said if he were to send those pics to the guy I bought it from as they stay in contact. He would flip his fucking lid lol.

EmersonHart13

UNSUBSCRIBE
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it dialed and can start enjoying it. Plenty of good weather to put some miles on!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom