daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Funway ?

I used to go there as a kid in the late 70’s. Last time I was there was behind it on the Fox River Trail, having ridden out from Wheaton.
I mean people want a public place... What better place... And if the deal goes south, well at least you can have some fun! Hahaha

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Funway ?

I used to go there as a kid in the late 70’s. Last time I was there was behind it on the Fox River Trail, having ridden out from Wheaton.
"Why you want to meet at Funway?"
"Because you want to play fucking games with me, so what better place?"
:ROFLMAO:

We used to ride there as kids in the 80's from St. Charles, and had some school skating trips there.

MirkosMangle

Regular
Jul 12, 2021
I got that message two years ago and gave up trying. They would never respond. I posted one street bike and followed all the rules?
I had the same once selling an expensive humidor. Just changed the title and made a post again from my wife's account. The next day it was sold. I agree that marketplace has lots of pros and cons but from my experience facebook is not only that. It is also the best place to advertise a business. Here we can check how effective actually was the ad https://savemyleads.com and see what has to be improved.

Reactions: justbob

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
"Why you want to meet at Funway?"
"Because you want to play fucking games with me, so what better place?"
:ROFLMAO:

We used to ride there as kids in the 80's from St. Charles, and had some school skating trips there.

Now THATS funny!!! I’ll have to remember that one!

Twice now I’ve sent low balling idiots to 1060W Addison just for the nostalgic giggle factor.

• Haha
Reactions: Dan00Hawk and Jon01

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Now THATS funny!!! I’ll have to remember that one!

Twice now I’ve sent low balling idiots to 1060W Addison just for the nostalgic giggle factor.
That's classic, Elwood! ;) Also suggest meeting in a bank parking lot. That way you can tell them to get more cash when you reject their in-person lowball offer.

I've been doing most of my sales at the local Police Dept parking lot, actually.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Update on homeboy from last night ...

Screenshot_20220120-173404.png

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I don't understand why they even bother? Do they get a thrill from messaging sellers and pretending like they have the money to buy the item(s)? Kinda like going to a lambo dealership and pretending like you're a serious buyer.
Who knows man, but I know to list high and say firm just because.

And even still I entertain a fuck-stick offer and accept it they don't come through. Lol.

Ive done this far too long to have faith in people keeping their word. I'm done. Everyone is mud until they prove otherwise.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
It's also comical how they're always hours away. No one around the Fox Valley area, especially Aurora, that didn't want Escalade wheels? Geez.
I'm half tempted just to drive around with them in the back like those scam artists with stereo equipment would do lol

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:rofl:

I had this MF text me for a full year about the wheels I was selling that my S2000 came with, constantly asking if I still have them and always making an excuse to not get them. When he FINALLY committed to pick them up he apparently bought a car on the way to my house (I wasn't even home, knew this jackass was a flake) and could no longer afford them. This was 2019. A few months ago this guy texts me and asks me if I still have the wheels because he finally bought an S2000.

I HATE humans.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
I forgot all about them! That was a huge thing like 15-20 years ago around Naperville/Wheaton but I haven’t seen that since then.
Thread derail continued: I bought a set of speakers from one of the white vans in Aurora right after I graduated highschool in 1991. Used them for a couple years in my college dorm, and sold them to a buddy for about half of what I paid. Then bought a pair of Klipsch tower speakers in 1993 that I still use today. I think I've got my money's worth out of those Klipsch speakers after almost 30 years, eh? :LOL:

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
:rofl:

I had this MF text me for a full year about the wheels I was selling that my S2000 came with, constantly asking if I still have them and always making an excuse to not get them. When he FINALLY committed to pick them up he apparently bought a car on the way to my house (I wasn't even home, knew this jackass was a flake) and could no longer afford them. This was 2019. A few months ago this guy texts me and asks me if I still have the wheels because he finally bought an S2000.

I HATE humans.
Do you?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Thread derail continued: I bought a set of speakers from one of the white vans in Aurora right after I graduated highschool in 1991. Used them for a couple years in my college dorm, and sold them to a buddy for about half of what I paid. Then bought a pair of Klipsch tower speakers in 1993 that I still use today. I think I've got my money's worth out of those Klipsch speakers after almost 30 years, eh? :LOL:
Klipsch are great speakers. I’m still using my SF-1’s I bought almost 20 years ago. They are/were their entry level tower speakers. Was amazed by their quality, but wish I had spent the extra $20/speaker for the Mirage equivalent. Really wanted the a Boston Acoustics VR975’s, but couldn’t afford them. Still couldn’t ?

Reactions: Dan00Hawk

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Klipsch are great speakers. I’m still using my SF-1’s I bought almost 20 years ago. They are/were their entry level tower speakers. Was amazed by their quality, but wish I had spent the extra $20/speaker for the Mirage equivalent. Really wanted the a Boston Acoustics VR975’s, but couldn’t afford them. Still couldn’t ?
Mine are the KG 5.2 https://www.klipsch.com/products/kg-5-2
Still sound great today turned up loud, and I've really done nothing special to prolong their life. Main reason I keep them is because they are the same exact height as the fireplace console that we have our TV on, so they look like an extension of that. I'll be sad, though, when they finally deteriorate and I'm forced to buy replacements. :)

klipsch.jpg

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Mine are the KG 5.2 https://www.klipsch.com/products/kg-5-2
Still sound great today turned up loud, and I've really done nothing special to prolong their life. Main reason I keep them is because they are the same exact height as the fireplace console that we have our TV on, so they look like an extension of that. I'll be sad, though, when they finally deteriorate and I'm forced to buy replacements. :)

View attachment 111127
They’ll last. My Cerwin-Vega RE35’s are also close to 20 years old and are in excellent condition. Well-built quality speakers deteriorate very slowly, especially the cabinets. Biggest thing is to make sure the baffles don’t get damaged.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
They’ll last. My Cerwin-Vega RE35’s are also close to 20 years old and are in excellent condition. Well-built quality speakers deteriorate very slowly, especially the cabinets. Biggest thing is to make sure the baffles don’t get damaged.
Foams are cheap. And easy to replace if you have patience.

Speaking of cerwin Vega, I'm looking for some large format 15" driver cabinets if you you know any... Not scared of commercial gear either.

I may have to retire my 1972(+/-) 215-R's

Thread Info