Scion prices tC Release Series 5.0

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
sweet? :dunno:

Another Chicago Auto Show, another mildly refreshed Scion tC Release Series. For those keeping track, this is Release Series 5.0, but unlike previous limited-edition models, the modifications aren't limited to a new hue and set of rims. The best bits are found beneath the gloss black paint and matte black 18-inch wheels, where Scion seems to have thrown the entire TRD parts catalog at the tC RS 5.0. The tC benefits from lowering springs, a rear sway bar, sport muffler and badging, along with an optional rear lip spoiler. Inside, the blacked-out TRD theme continues with a leather-covered steering wheel, black seats and TRD-badged floor mats. The monochromatic scheme is broken up with red stitching inside and red stripes on the multi-spoke rims.

A total of 2,000 R.S. 5.0's are slated for production, and sales will begin in March. Pricing seems reasonable, with the TRD-infused package adding $2,300 to the base price of the standard tC. It's a decent car to be sure, but considering the tC is entering its fifth year on the market with very few updates, Scion needs to do more with its coupe. Stay tuned for live shots from Chicago.

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Needs more turbo

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah, and with the optional supercharger it still only makes 200 hp. Weak.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Reaction score
its a yota, what do you expect? They haven't made a solid performer in years

Slow Buick

eat ass drive fast
Reaction score
i actually went to a toyota dealer today and tried out a tc.. that car is boring as fuck. my stepdads 02 cavalier single cam was faster :rofl:

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
slow! turbo's on these turds are still slow. i'd rather have a TRD FJ than this crapper from toyota.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i actually went to a toyota dealer today and tried out a tc.. that car is boring as fuck. my stepdads 02 cavalier single cam was faster :rofl:
You test drive a lot of cars. My hatred for car dealerships keeps me away. Those wheels look like the wheels that were on an option on the Civic Si a few years back.

Slow Buick

eat ass drive fast
Reaction score
You test drive a lot of cars. My hatred for car dealerships keeps me away. Those wheels look like the wheels that were on an option on the Civic Si a few years back.
i like to see whats out there. also tried out a 2009 CSS T/C

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom