School me guys...

Xtant12

Reaction score
So I have the 2.8 pulley on my car. Mods are in my signature, here my problem. I guess from the sheets from the dyno and from what they guys were telling me is my belt is slipping. I have asked people how they fixed it. I was told about changing the pulleys, but what ones? All of them? I changed out the idler but it was to big so I had to put it back. Any ideas on how I can make the belt grip??

SaturdaysGS

Reaction score
Buy a "belt wrap kit" which puts more tension on the belt. Or people have cut grooves/slits in the MPS pulley to help it "grab" better.

PANDA

Reaction score
sure you arnt getting knock?

rocket69GTP

Reaction score
That kit will help quite a bit but if you want to completely stop belt slip, try some cogged pullies. :smile:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
That kit will help quite a bit but if you want to completely stop belt slip, try some cogged pullies. :smile:
:roflpicard:

Farnsworth's "cog" setup is a show piece. Nothing more. You will get better results with that belt wrap kit, or even an 8 rib setup and still be cheaper.

OP
Xtant12

Xtant12

Reaction score
Yeah, I plan to get the 8 rib set up and wrap kit next month. I hope it helps, should I go up a pulley size also.

OP
Xtant12

Xtant12

Reaction score
So I ordered the bar and will order the 8 rib kit if things go well friday, when I get this set up will I have to change to a longer belt??

1998gpgt

Reaction score
I'd wait to see how much of a difference the belt wrap kit makes before you go and buy the 8 rib setup. Just me though. And how loose is your shit now?

OP
Xtant12

Xtant12

Reaction score
as of right now its tight but if I were to nail it, at about 4500-4700RPM you can hear it slip. It sounds like the power stearing belt locked up, thats how loud it can get. Also, there is a power loss that you can feel until you let go. I should get the wrap kit today or tomarrow, the 8 rib I think will just be extra protection. besides, Im going to need to get all the help I can to keep up with Stever crazy Buick GS!!

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Whats your scans say for MAP kpa when your at those RPMs? Is there a dip or a quick drop off? Have you inspected all your pulleys to make sure they are spinning freely?

PANDA

Reaction score
Whats your scans say for MAP kpa when your at those RPMs? Is there a dip or a quick drop off? Have you inspected all your pulleys to make sure they are spinning freely?
That's whats funny the dude does not scan.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
The "crazy" buick i hear is crazy slow... :ugh:

OP
Xtant12

Xtant12

Reaction score
That's whats funny the dude does not scan.
BAD PANDA!!!

You would be proud of my panda I did scan but i dont think its the same thing your thinking of. What I did was open all those boxes, MAF,Boost, ect. I want to do the log thing but am unsure how to do it.. Any tips will be helpful. Atleast im trying to use my tuner for something besides clearing codes.. Be proud panda, be proud!!!

PANDA

Reaction score
u have a 2.8 with a GenV got3800?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom