🏡 Better Homes Say Goodbye to My Kitchen and Dining Room, Thanks to the Dishwasher!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Quick side-by-side

IMG_3549.jpeg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Code is 6' whips when accessible to things like hanging light fixtures, don't think its allowed in the case like this where you had full access.

The code is such a pain in the ass to follow around here though so I always just use rigid to make sure I don't run into any problems down the road.

18-27-333.3 Uses permitted:
2. In lengths not greater than 6 ft (1.83 m) in accessible, but not habitable, attics and roof spaces where installed in accordance with Section 18-27-333.12;

Will it be a problem? After seeing the shit people did in my house, not likely but I would make sure to pull a dedicated ground through them and make sure all the junction boxes are grounded as well.

ngl you know more than 90% of the building inspectors i deal with.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Going to be taking classes to get certified and do it as a side gig soon actually.

Going to try to get some of those sweet benefits Shawn1112 Shawn1112 talks about. :bowrofl:
the spectrum of these dudes i deal with is just absolutely fucking hilarious town to town.

some dudes just bring gfci plug in checkers to test outlets, others want to see roof weight calcs and weights of new units...

other dudes "text me some pics of the units and you're good"

best one was some place in wisco, i applied for a permit, they cashed the $2k check and then didn't do anything again ever. dude's "office hours" were one day a week for 3 hours. my boss went and hung out for a half hour before and a half hour after and never saw anyone.

then you get some big dick swinging small town mother fuckers that want to see submittals on the caulk you used

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
the spectrum of these dudes i deal with is just absolutely fucking hilarious town to town.

some dudes just bring gfci plug in checkers to test outlets, others want to see roof weight calcs and weights of new units...

other dudes "text me some pics of the units and you're good"

best one was some place in wisco, i applied for a permit, they cashed the $2k check and then didn't do anything again ever. dude's "office hours" were one day a week for 3 hours. my boss went and hung out for a half hour before and a half hour after and never saw anyone.

then you get some big dick swinging small town mother fuckers that want to see submittals on the caulk you used
I imagine its definitely all over the place. I imagine some of it is also based on the referral, if youre "friends" with the seller or the buyer,,,,

Like if the realtor is like "I know a guy" and the homeowners use that guy I imagine they might take it easy so the sale goes through. :dunno:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I imagine its definitely all over the place. I imagine some of it is also based on the referral, if youre "friends" with the seller or the buyer,,,,

Like if the realtor is like "I know a guy" and the homeowners use that guy I imagine they might take it easy so the sale goes through. :dunno:

oh god i was talking like permit building inspector shit not home inspectors.

Reactions: FESTER665

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
oh god i was talking like permit building inspector shit not home inspectors.
Oh, theyre even worse for sure. :bowrofl:

When I had the shed pad poured at the same time as the patio they were fine on the patio but they made the concrete company move the shed form a half an inch or some shit off the property line, the concrete guy wanted to kick the inspectors ass. :bowrofl:

Carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
I'll try to snag some progress shots off my wife's phone in a bit...it's to messy to pics of how it currently looks right now

Had our old cabinets redone. Painted new hardware ect.

Getting new countertops tomorrow afternoon.

Was supposed to get a new floor put in this week but we are postponing that for two weeks because the trim guy won't be able to get everything finished before Easter that we are hosting 🤦‍♂️

Fun stuff!!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I'll try to snag some progress shots off my wife's phone in a bit...it's to messy to pics of how it currently looks right now

Had our old cabinets redone. Painted new hardware ect.

Getting new countertops tomorrow afternoon.

Was supposed to get a new floor put in this week but we are postponing that for two weeks because the trim guy won't be able to get everything finished before Easter that we are hosting 🤦‍♂️

Fun stuff!!
God speed!

Thread Info