🏡 Better Homes Say Goodbye to My Kitchen and Dining Room, Thanks to the Dishwasher!

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
And just like that, my kitchen and dinning room are gone! Fucking dishwasher! We’ll time for some fun and upgrades!

IMG_2854.jpeg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yup, dishwash leaked and took out the flooring and base cabinets. The cabinets are original and floor is 10 years old. All have to get replaced.
Are you going thru insurance? If so I’m assuming they will have to replace the uppers as well as new base cabinets aren’t going to match

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Are you going thru insurance? If so I’m assuming they will have to replace the uppers as well as new base cabinets aren’t going to match
Yes, I am. And yes, everything will have to be replaced. I'm hoping to just get a check from StateFarm, and I'd like to redo the kitchen myself.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Yes, I am. And yes, everything will have to be replaced. I'm hoping to just get a check from StateFarm, and I'd like to redo the kitchen myself.
I know when I had hail damage to my siding like 20yrs ago, my plan was to just get a check and do the work myself. Material would have been $2500 at the most, me, my dad, and my uncle would have knocked it out in a weekend. They made me use a contractor and they charged State Farm like $15k iirc. Then those rotten MFers dropped us for making a claim within the 1st 3yrs smfh. Hopefully shit has changed and they just cut you a check

Reactions: Jon01 and Yaj Yak

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
I know when I had hail damage to my siding like 20yrs ago, my plan was to just get a check and do the work myself. Material would have been $2500 at the most, me, my dad, and my uncle would have knocked it out in a weekend. They made me use a contractor and they charged State Farm like $15k iirc. Then those rotten MFers dropped us for making a claim within the 1st 3yrs smfh. Hopefully shit has changed and they just cut you a check
Right! I want to strech my dollar. I'm capable of redoing my kitchen myself. Why should they say $20,00 I get $10,000 of replacement shit and someone gets to pocket $10,000. I want all $20,000 to build the kitchen the way I want.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Right! As of right now, I have no kitchen sink. I can't wash dishes... I have to eat out.

I just finished having my kitchen and laundry room remodeled yesterday. It sucked having it down for a month. Eat out, cold sandwiches, or microwave meals. blah! After the first few days, I went to my parent's house to meal prep at least. Microwave good food instead of frozen stuff. Washing cups and silverware in the bathroom. haha So I feel your pain.

I also had an appliance floor my kitchen about 20 years ago. The Ice maker line burst when I was at work. Insurance paid out for laminate flooring saying the original 1954 wood floors were devalued. Even though they were in amazing condition. They were sanded and stained 5 years earlier. I'm sure you'll hear good and bad insurance stories. Best of luck with it all!

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
I just finished having my kitchen and laundry room remodeled yesterday. It sucked having it down for a month. Eat out, cold sandwiches, or microwave meals. blah! After the first few days, I went to my parent's house to meal prep at least. Microwave good food instead of frozen stuff. Washing cups and silverware in the bathroom. haha So I feel your pain.

I also had an appliance floor my kitchen about 20 years ago. The Ice maker line burst when I was at work. Insurance paid out for laminate flooring saying the original 1954 wood floors were devalued. Even though they were in amazing condition. They were sanded and stained 5 years earlier. I'm sure you'll hear good and bad insurance stories. Best of luck with it all!
Start a thread and/or post some before and afters!

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Code is 6’ whips.
Code is 6' whips when accessible to things like hanging light fixtures, don't think its allowed in the case like this where you had full access.

The code is such a pain in the ass to follow around here though so I always just use rigid to make sure I don't run into any problems down the road.

18-27-333.3 Uses permitted:
2. In lengths not greater than 6 ft (1.83 m) in accessible, but not habitable, attics and roof spaces where installed in accordance with Section 18-27-333.12;

Will it be a problem? After seeing the shit people did in my house, not likely but I would make sure to pull a dedicated ground through them and make sure all the junction boxes are grounded as well.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Thread Info