rumors are the z28 pics are leaked.. where are they?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Its not gonna cost more than a ZL1...the ZL1 would still be considered the top dog Camaro, yes?

Nah, this is the top dog. There have been rumors that an "ultimate" Camaro codenamed "HP edition" was in the works even before the release of the ZL1. Even when they released the ZL1 they said it wasn't the "HP edition" and Mark Ruess referred to the Z/28 as the HP. It will be more than a ZL1.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
The specs aren't out for the 2014.5 Mustang yet....just sayin...don't count your eggs until they hatch

Please, Ford couldn't get a 500 hp N/A motor out if their lives depended on it.

Znz5HZI.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

Car gets bigger brakes, less weight and 500+ hp. Cool. Sit it next to a proven car like the Boss. Let's see what happens. I would hope the Z/28 runs a better time. It has more power and way better brakes. But we all saw what happened with the ZL1. Their "computer generated" numbers fell well off the pace with real world numbers.

youd have to spend more than 50k to complete with the new z. not sayin, just sayin.

You are nuts. lmao

The specs aren't out for the 2014.5 Mustang yet....just sayin...don't count your eggs until they hatch

I don't think Ford has more happening right now. Maybe a bump in HP with a tune change. I would not expect anything too drastic.

Please, Ford couldn't get a 500 hp N/A motor out if their lives depended on it.

What? lmao. Tell that to the guys running 10s with stock motors and a tune @ 3600#. It is pretty well known in the 5.0 community that the motor makes power. Ford's tune is how they dialed them back. And the 5.0 has made over 500+ rwhp reliably already. Yeah, it isn't a 7L engine. But pound for pound it is one of the best motors out there.

Not even close :rofl:

I gotta say, it looks pretty good overall though. I also like it more than the Corvette. Shame about the price tag...but I cant say I'm surprised. Everything is expensive nowadays.

I think the design of the Z/28 helps the car. I am still not a huge fan of the car. But the powertrain is something else.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Car gets bigger brakes, less weight and 500+ hp. Cool. Sit it next to a proven car like the Boss. Let's see what happens. I would hope the Z/28 runs a better time. It has more power and way better brakes. But we all saw what happened with the ZL1. Their "computer generated" numbers fell well off the pace with real world numbers.

Didn't the 1LE already beat a Boss around Laguna Seca??

What? lmao. Tell that to the guys running 10s with stock motors and a tune @ 3600#. It is pretty well known in the 5.0 community that the motor makes power. Ford's tune is how they dialed them back. And the 5.0 has made over 500+ rwhp reliably already. Yeah, it isn't a 7L engine. But pound for pound it is one of the best motors out there.

You want to start comparing after market parts to stock, lol? An LS3 makes 500 bhp with bolt-on's too. They won't jump 75 HP from the factory.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Doesn't the 1LE already run with the boss?

Ford Mustang Boss 302 vs. Chevy Camaro SS 1LE - Popular Mechanics
Weekend track junkies aren't concerned with 0-to-60 mph and drag-racing results, so lap times and maximum cornering grip ("max lat") were the metrics we'd hunt for. At GingerMan Raceway we fitted a Boss 302 and a Cam*aro SS 1LE with VBox testing gear, and after an afternoon of testing, the Camaro emerged victorious. The 1LE was 2.5 seconds faster per lap, with higher cornering grip. Subjectively, the Camaro is easier to drive very fast, with loads of traction and dead-on balance. Only sloppy driving upsets the chassis. It's 426 hp of point-and-shoot simplicity. The Mustang, while a bit slower, is more fun: louder, more engaging, and lighter on its feet. Quick steering inputs, shifting skill, and managing ready oversteer are required to go fast, but that's what makes it good. The SS 1LE wins by the numbers, but the Boss 302 delights the seat of the pants. A perfect contrast to maintain this legendary rivalry.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info