• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rough Idle when cold

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
When I cleaned my maf, I actually had to take it apart to clean the front side of the wires. Looking in from the side without a screen they looked nice and clean. But when I took it apart, the side facing the screen was caked with shit. I just cleaned them with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, took care of the idle issues I was having.

If that doesn't help, try to get a scan tool on it and look at the live data. First thing in the morning before starting it, take a look at the ect and iat. They should be identical, if not within a couple degrees. If they aren't, you know you've got a skewed sensor. Also I'm gonna say this issue has nothing to do with the o2 sensors because the computer doesn't even look at them until it is in closed loop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info