Roseanne is coming back to ABC

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
Audience is supposed to be real. They announced live audience a couple times.

Parts of the show were copied from the original. It was weird and cool at the same time. They tossed a lot of intro in so future episodes will be better if they don't have everyone identifying how their character feel about things.

Dan - Conservative good guy dad who's an alcoholic.

Roseanne - Princess who owns the world.

Jackie - Ex cop turned left wing snowflake.

Becky - Money hungry waitress and/or well off liberal who wants a baby.

Darlene - Still tough but way more liberal... and not gay.

DJ - Not much to do in the pilot. Military on leave with wife on active duty. African American daughter.

Jerry - Jerry who?

I liked the fact they showed both sides of the political spectrum. There can be "family" even with dissenting opinions.

Jerry is the kid Rosanne had near the end of the shows origional run.

Supposedly the chick DJ has the kid with us the girl he didn’t wanna kiss in an earlier episode. She was black and they made a big race deal out of it, he just didn’t wanna kiss any girl.

Wondering when they are gonna show Jackie’s kid and if they’ll bring Crystal and her kids back.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I know who the Jerry character was. The original Roseanne threw in a baby as the standard extend the series by adding a new kid move. Problem was nobody wanted him there and he seemed to be an afterthought like the dog from That 70s Show. Looks like they still don't want him there since they put him on a fishing boat with no phone service.

I'm not talking about the standard laugh points in a show. The audience didn't know how to react to the political remarks or the surrogate mother for money idea. The show must not have had signs for that.

Roseanne scored huge during the double opening with viewing audience size. Let's see how much it drops off next week.

The show’s revival proved that the Conners are not immune to the changing political times. The show, starring a pro-Trump title character, was “the highest-rated regularly-scheduled scripted show of the last few seasons, as well as the highest-rated sitcom in recent memory,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Has to be a slap in the face to liberal execs in Hollywood that a show with a Trump supporter main character destroyed ratings records for the last few years. Will & Grace got a 3.0, I think, compared to Roseanne's 5.1.

Could we see more shows tailored towards a less liberal audience? Could they bring back Last Man Standing? Put Last Man Standing after Roseanne and you have an hour of programming that should win the night for ABC.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
4228b9d3d329817a30ff1b40186d6000.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info