• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Roseanne is coming back to ABC

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
So judging by the set I'm assuming they're wiping the last season where they won the lottery, Dan died and they ended the show by saying it was all just a dream?

Either way I dig it. It was a good show. I know it's fun to hate on her and she is obnoxious but there are plenty of obnoxious people that have been on great shows. I'll watch.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Reaction score
So judging by the set I'm assuming they're wiping the last season where they won the lottery, Dan died and they ended the show by saying it was all just a dream?

Either way I dig it. It was a good show. I know it's fun to hate on her and she is obnoxious but there are plenty of obnoxious people that have been on great shows. I'll watch.
Yes, the last season was done away with. I'm glad as that last season was horrible. I enjoyed the show especially the early seasons and I'll give this a watch just to see if it has the same spark.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it. Just find it weird that Debby Galagher needed another job

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I'll have to set the DVR. I'll probably forget about the release otherwise.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
TOMORROW! (Tuesday, 3/27)

Roseanne has a MAGA hat.

Darlene has a son who wears women's clothing and nail polish.

DJ has an African American daughter.

Dan is ALIVE!

Jerry is on a boat and missing.

Becky is a waitress (Lecy Goranson) and Andrea (Sarah Chalke)

I liked the original Roseanne and I think this show could turn into a water cooler show that gets talked about the day after airing because of controversial story lines. Johnny Galecki has hinted he may do more than one episode after Big Bang ends.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
:puke:

Actually Roseanne is ok, i take that back.... Hahaha

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Three things I really only cared about this show in the original series;

1) Lecy Goranson
2) Sarah Chalke
3) Set in the Chicago area, namely Elgin I seem to recall from Roseanne saying once.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
They lived in the fictional town of Lanford which was supposed to be central Illinois. They would often reference real towns like Elgin and Rockford though. You know... places people think of when they think of Illinois. :rofl:

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
My wife is all excited about this. I will watch for the Beckys.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ll watch it. I enjoyed the show then and I’m sure it’ll be even better now.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
They lived in the fictional town of Lanford which was supposed to be central Illinois. They would often reference real towns like Elgin and Rockford though. You know... places people think of when they think of Illinois. :rofl:
I understand the fictional town is Lanford, but from the Wiki page;

The show is centered on the Conners, an American working-class family struggling to get by on a limited household income in their home at 714 Delaware Street in the drab fictional mid-state exurb of Lanford, Illinois. Although initially nominally located in Fulton County, later on-air references over the years suggested the town is in the vicinity of Aurora, Elgin, and DeKalb, which are much closer to Chicago. (In a 2018 interview, Barr noted that the series setting was based on Elgin.)[9] The family consisted of outspoken Roseanne, married to husband Dan, and their three children: Becky, Darlene, and DJ. Later in the series, Roseanne becomes pregnant again and gives birth to a boy named Jerry Garcia Conner.
I remember her saying that in some interview with Stern or someone also.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I understand the fictional town is Lanford, but from the Wiki page;

I remember her saying that in some interview with Stern or someone also.
My wife was the one who told me about that. She read an article about her mentioning it was based off Elgin.

Stink Star Productions

You never had it so good!
Reaction score
Show has potential. Quite a bit of funny lines but a lot were on the previews as well. The laugh track is annoying as fuck. The thing that really killed me though was the extraordinarily woody acting. It was almost like watching somebody on SNL not remembering their lines and having to check the cue cards. Hopefully it’s just knocking the dust off and the acting will become more natural in later episodes

radioguy6

Reaction score
wife and I were both entertained, show flowed well just like the original. Didn't feel like it was trying too hard to be funny. Will keep watching.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Audience is supposed to be real. They announced live audience a couple times.

Parts of the show were copied from the original. It was weird and cool at the same time. They tossed a lot of intro in so future episodes will be better if they don't have everyone identifying how their character feel about things.

Dan - Conservative good guy dad who's an alcoholic.

Roseanne - Princess who owns the world.

Jackie - Ex cop turned left wing snowflake.

Becky - Money hungry waitress and/or well off liberal who wants a baby.

Darlene - Still tough but way more liberal... and not gay.

DJ - Not much to do in the pilot. Military on leave with wife on active duty. African American daughter.

Jerry - Jerry who?

I liked the fact they showed both sides of the political spectrum. There can be "family" even with dissenting opinions.

Mike K

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Took them 15 mins. to open up some complicated moral issues. Audience isn't sure how to react.
Live studio audiences are told when to laugh. There's nothing organic about live studio audiences on any show.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
I liked it. I guess there a little backlash about the pro-Trumo stuff but that's what a middle class American family is about. Snowflakes gonna flake. Becky and DJ were terrible at acting which makes sense since they have been out of it for decades. I think it will get better. New Becky and Darlene were the most natural IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom